January 5, 2012

Thursday randoms

This post is brought to you by a whole lot of randomness. I think im being really random lately, huh?

First off I wanted to show you my Origami butterfly. Last week while at work {and it was suuuuper slow} my coworker/friend and I were making snowflakes and that gave me the bright idea to try something origami. First I wanted to make an origami snowflake... but in the end I didn't have enough patience for that, so I searched through Youtube on how to make origami anything and found this great tutorial-


The guy is super descriptive and goes through each step, making it actually pretty easy.


So when I came home that day, I got a fresh piece of clean white paper and followed the tutorial again and once I was done, I mounted a piece of spring color green scrapbook paper to the front backing of an 8x10 frame. I then hot glued the top ends of the butterfly wings to the paper, centering it within the frame and viola! 

Simple, easy, unique art for your walls! 

Oh and I tried making one of those Origami cranes and ya... SUPER EASY!!!! I am an origami fool right now.

Moving on to more randoms....


I have two desks in our office {and Josh being the computer guy, he is stuck with only one lol}. One desk has my computer and speakers on it, the other {pictured} is for my printer and pens/pencils/papers... MESS.... etc. 


I took down the two large frames that were at the end of the hallway and replaced it with this little gem that I scored @ Goodwill over the Summer for $3.00! I want to have two hanging here {on top of one another} but I have to hunt down another matching frame. The two large frames that were here are going to be hung in the bedroom with some new art/pictures in them.

{the inside 'picture' is scrapbook paper :-P }


One of my new years 'resolutions' {if thats what you wanna call it} is to buy more nail polish. I love pretty color nail polish but always seem to skip right over the nail polish sections of Target and never realize it until ive left the store. 

Another resolution- Buy some nail polish remover. I keep forgetting that too!


My new *favorite* scent. 'Into the Wild' @ Bath and Body works.


My other fav. scent {especially for Spring}- Sweet Pea. 

Josh picked out the Jingle Bellini. It was buy 3 signature products, get 3 free. I told him to go buy 3 of the mens line products but he wasn't keen on the idea of smelling like an oak tree, so instead he picked 3 for me and Jingle Bellini was one of them :0)


Even though all of our Christmas decor is down and put away, I felt that I should leave something up that was 'seasonal appropriate'. I don't usually do winter decor, let alone snowflakes, but I figured eh, why not right?


My new candle. 'Jasmine sea salt'. *Swooon*


Love how colorful my cookbooks are. So fun! {my boring cookbooks are stored away in a boring spot}.


My little artist. He creates art in the form of stickers! :0)


Crayons make me happy. 

They make Jayden happy too!


Our snuggle-bug :0)

SO that is enough random for you today. Everyone was off work between Christmas week and New Years week SO... I decided that this week I was going to take off. Good thing I brought my work laptop home because I just got a call {from work} telling me I had to do something by noon today. Lovely... 

So with that said, I hope you all have a wonderful Thursday!

-Also on another totally random note. Have any of you who use blogger, have you had problems uploading photos? Normally I can upload all my photos at one time and they are all there once complete, but for the past week I have had to upload each one individually as I use them or else they won't show up. Sometimes I have had to upload a photo more then once because it mysteriously disappears. ....ugh. Guess it's time to start using Flickr again! 




1 comment:

  1. Hi Kasey! I'm Kassi, new follower from the Scatter Girls blog link up! :) Loving your resolution to buy more nail polish! I need to go through my stash and purge, then get some new pretty colors too!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your lovely comments! :)