January 6, 2012

Bedroom updates

It's been awhile since we took a little bedroom walk through {i mean that in the most non-dirtiest way}. Over the past week I did a little sprucing up in there, you know, just to liven things up a bit, seeing as how the master bathroom still isn't done {I ain't ashamed}, the whole room has been left neglected.


So come on in!


Don't let that white 'comforter' fool you. Well if it did then that's awesome, but it's really a think white blanket fit for a twin size bed. 


We still have the old comforter and are in desperate need of a new one. If I wasn't so picky and didn't change my mind about a gazillion and one times, we would have a new one already.


I mentioned how the two frames I took out of the end of the hallway I put into the bedroom. They are now over the bed. I printed off two photos I took this past Summer when we went to the zoo of some of the colorful parrots. Although my original photos were just a *bit to bright, so I toned them down a bit and now they fit perfectly!


I came across this neat site that had tons of different textures. They had these watercolor textures and the two colors I chose were some of the colors in my parrot photos. Printed them off, stuck em in some frames and now they hang above the night stand between mine and Josh's closet.

{that site can be found HERE }


Gotta represent!


This post also may or may not contain a few sneak peaks for the shop ;-)


I took some twine and strung it across the large mirror on the dresser. I don't use that mirror to get ready so it was perfect for 'sprucing' up a bit. Some photos that I took out of the frames I clipped to the twine with clothes pins along with a few other things with color and that make me happy.


You can buy a large pack of clothes pins at the dollar store and the twine at any craft store. Heck the dollar store might even sell it! 




Happy, happy, joy, joy.... minus the few missing months of magazines... hmmm....


I know using a 'tv tray' as a 'night stand' is kinda ghetto but hey, it works. Im on the hunt for something small to fit into this small spot between my side of the bed and the opening to the bathroom. For now my ghettofabulous tv tray holds my books quite well.


And even holds my pretty seashells from our trips to the beach :0)


Dusty old clock = not cool.


Love this little chair :0)


And that my friends concludes the tour of the master bedroom. There are still some things that need to be done. New duvet, some new pillows {I got ghetto again and stole some from the couch in the living room hehe}, some darker print curtains that will block out light when needed, a small little end table to replace the tv tray {lol}... but other then that nothing really major needs to be done. Obviously the master bathroom isn't no where near finished so we will save that tour for a later date. 

I hope you all have a super fantastic awesome weekend!

{ Linking up over @ Tatertots and Jello }

3 comments:

  1. I honestly don't think the tv tray is that bad! Just paint it a fun color!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have TWO tv trays being used as side tables in our living room right now! At least yours is in the bedroom where most people won't see.... haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a dresser like that one with the mirror, I think all the time about just removing the mirror and having more wall space to decorate! Looking pretty in there.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your lovely comments! :)