Yesterday in a bid to save myself from cooking for a day, that and we had Saturday night open on our meal plan, we decided to go grab a bite to eat since we hadn't been out for quite some time. So we headed over to [one] of the local Mexican restaurants which conveniently happens to be located next to a Goodwill. So of course after we ate ourselves into chips and salsa oblivion, we walked next door to take a peek at what they had.
At first I noticed a long, sturdy TV stand. My eyes widened and my gut fluttered with excitement. You see right now we have a glass TV stand and 1. I cannot stand that thing. It is nothing but a major dust magnet and 2. It doesn't go with any of our decor [it really is the only 'glass' piece in the house, other than my glass bottles, frames and mirrors]. So I quickly walked over to this TV stand before anyone else could [even though the place was less than half empty] and first I noticed the price. $29.99. I seriously wanted to jump and giggle a bit however when I saw the word 'SOLD' written across the tag my heart sank and I came back down to reality. -Of course it would be sold, right?
That's alright. Something else caught my eye that quickly made my mind forget about that TV stand anyways.
This here little beauty is a 2-door cabinet. I knew the perfect spot for it inside the house and I already knew the perfect color for it. I was ecstatic!
At first I thought it was two doors on the lower half and two drawers up on the top half, but it is just one solid door on each side with knobs at the top to give the illusion that it has drawers.
Although it did have a little surprise hidden inside... See the bottom right photo. That little thing on the top left of the cabinet is actually a drawer. It doesn't have a handle and blends right in. I'm going to name it the 'secret' drawer, and the best part? It's made of real wood, and we all know how rare it is to find some pretty awesome pieces these days that are actually made of real wood.
The bottom has this detailing that goes all the way across to the other side. You can say it gives me the warm fuzzies.
And these little shelf-style designs in the wood are just darling, and you know it has to be something special because I hardly ever say the word 'darling'. It really is.
So right now it is currently primed and the first coat of paint is drying. I already have my spot picked out and I will more than likely be using this to store some of Jayden's toys, neatly hidden from view.
So the best part... The price.
Any guesses?
.
.
.
.
.
$19.99 - Cha-Ching!
Stay tuned for the finished reveal! :)

How exciting! Awesome price. Can't wait to see what you do with it.
ReplyDeleteOh what a BEAUTIFUL find, I cant wait to see what color you are painting it!
ReplyDeletegreat find!! can't wait to see the finished product!! :-)
ReplyDeleteThat's it. Headed to GW tomorrow. I am always reading about other people finding awesome things..I hop I get lucky. Great piece! Can't wait to see the outcome.
ReplyDelete@Mimi
ReplyDeleteWell I can honestly tell you I seriously got lucky with this piece. Normally I too, am reading about other peoples awesome finds but everytime I check out our shops I come up empty handed. But everyone once in awhile the perfect little thing pops up :)
Gotta love a great goodwill find! I can't wait to see what you do with it.
ReplyDeleteNO WAY!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteMy goodwill and thrift stores are way overpriced!
That is why I love garage sales!
Awesome!
XO
Shut up with $19.99!!! That's amazing!! I can't wait to see what you did with it. I love that you said darling (:
ReplyDeleteThis is amazing, I can't wait to see your finished result!
ReplyDeleteI love it, such a great deal! I can't wait to see what you do with it. These are the most fun projects of all! I found you on Debbiedoo's.
ReplyDeleteMelanie
youmadethat.blogspot.com