Noooo sillies. Not that kind of bug. I'm not sick [knock on wood].
I wanted to show you a preview of what ive been working on the past few days. It's actually taken more time than I originally thought it would... but overall it's also a lot easier to create than I had originally thought it to be too.
A...... Fabric wreath! I have been seeing these around blog-land a lot. Mainly the cutesy fabric flowers ive been seeing, so I decided to whip some up of my own and this is the half-finished product. I basically just been taking some fabric scraps from some blue and white fabrics I have lying around and either twirling them or creating flowers with them.
I have also been adding crystal plastic beads to the centers of them to give the wreath a little more pizazz... [did I really just say pizazz? oh dear. Friday can not come soon enough].
I had more little crystals on other flowers, like that blue and white one for example. You can see a dried up goop of glue in the center. Ya, that's where a crystal bead used to be but someone that weighs about 34lbs and has little hands and always feels the need to tell me when he farts because he thinks it's funny, ripped those little beads off of the flowers and than proceeded to come and find me, to give them to me. Of course I just have to smile and than proceed to give him thousands of kisses until he escapes from my Mommy grasp.
But my friends that's it... so far. I was going to only have the amount you see on the wreath right now [flowers] but after looking at it for awhile, studying it from all angles and in different amounts of light, along with seeing it on the front door, I have decided to proceed with putting fabric flowers around the whole wreath to balance it out more. I should be done with this just in time for Spring. [keyword: should].
Have you done anything crafty lately? Or are you immune to the crafty bug? I love when crafty highs! Their so relaxing :)
P.S.
I scored this fabric at Joann's, on sale. There were only 3yrds left and they had my name all over it. ;)
Just darling. I love the blue and white fabric. I am super impressed.
ReplyDeleteSuper cute! Love the fabric.
ReplyDeletevery cute!! i'm also loving the blue and white! :-)
ReplyDeletethe blue & white is really cute! can't wait to see it all finished! :)
ReplyDelete~Lauren
tickledonline.blogspot.com
There's something about how it looks right now that I love. The choices of fabrics are perfect.
ReplyDeleteOh, I just love your wreath! The blue and white fabrics are GREAT :) Can't wait to see the final result.
ReplyDeleteLove this! The flowers are adorable. I definitely always have the crafty bug!!
ReplyDeleteI love the fabric wreath! I made a yarn wreath, and I need to update the embellishments with some spring colors (it's currently still sporting some Christmas ornaments...)
ReplyDeletehow fun! i love this. great color choices :)
ReplyDeleteI'm having an "I miss Pcola" moment. I was at your JoAnne every day when I was planning our wedding. Sigh. I miss my girlfriends in Pcola!
ReplyDelete