October 26, 2010

Evolutions of a Master Bedroom

So you might have wondered what's been going on with the 'Master Bedroom' makeover [because I know you have been nothing but an insomniac, clicking the refresh button to my blog all night long just to see what the deal is............... Ya I didn't think so either ha!]. -Anyways, it's coming along nicely. Well the paint anyways because well, the paint is DONE

...and that's about the only thing that is done  ::hides in corner::

We headed out to Lowe's the weekend before last to check out some of their paint selections [Valspar in the Housssse]. Oddly enough the whole ordeal went a lot faster than we had anticipated. We knew the main color we wanted [Gray tone] and we just went with it. The outcome?


Valspars 'Stone Partition'. It had the Gray that I was looking for and a very light touch of 'Blue hue' that Josh was looking for. It wasn't to light to where you wouldn't even be able to see what color it was on the wall, yet it isn't to dark to where it would feel like a hollow cave.

Just a quick re-cap of the 'Before'-


And now the 'After' with Stone Partition-


To me the color is very sophisticated and 'mature' [ya, you like them adjectives don't ya]


It's a color that will fit both of us. It's not to overly girly and so romantic that it will scare Josh [away] from the bedroom, yet not to masculine to where I will feel like I'm in some bachelor pad bedroom. It's neutral, calm with a small side of fun and a dash of romance.

As for new bedding? We have not bought any yet, however I have made the decision to go with a WHITE cover, accented with pops of color in the form of small pillows. After seeing the color up on the walls in it's entirety in the whole room, a white duvet only makes sense and seems like the best, overall choice to go with the space, and especially since our bedroom is not exactly [huge], the white will balance the color of the walls out and make the room not seem so cramped, busy and small.

I did however buy a lamp.


I fell in love with the shape. It's funky. And I like funky.


And white. And shiny.


And only $14.99 buckerooooos!

So if you have one of these, not to be confused with one of those, than I would highly recommend taking a ride over there and checking out their stash of goodies. It seems like within the 2-3 weeks it had been since the last time I was in there, they stacked their shelves with all kinds of new stuff. Like my new lamp :)

So what do you think? Do you think the white duvet/comforter will work best with the wall color?

8 comments:

  1. Great color on the walls! And I love the white bedding. Like you said . . it's so great with pops of color. Super jealous of that lamp find. urrrr! nice one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it would work wonderfully! I'm really loving crisp white with gray walls. That lamp is awesome...I almost bought one in that shape from TJ Maxx this summer! You're making me wish I did now. Can't wait to see everything finished! When you get a chance check your e-mail... I have a question for ya (:

    ~Michaela

    ReplyDelete
  3. That lamp is too good to be true. $15?! Great find

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies :)

    Only downside about the lamp, even though it's a super-fun modern style type of lamp... the shade looked like it belonged on a 90's style plaid and flower inspired lamp. Boo. Oh well... easy fix right?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What do I think? I think the color is divine and I'm seriously considering a road trip for a $15 lamp. When I was in St Louis, there was an Old Time Pottery and i miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great find and i say yes! definitely go with a white duvet cover! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! That lamp is awesome too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have nearly the same grey bedroom colour and I alternate my black/silver/white accessories and doona when wanting a sophisticated look and black/red when wanting a sexy/romantic look. I have some pics on my blog if you want to have a looksy!
    http://jarrahjungle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your lovely comments! :)