We happened to see the signs posted all throughout town about the 'Fall Festival', so we decided to go check it out seeing as how we had nothing
We pull up and Josh and I both just kind of sat there in the truck blank staring for a few moments. Secretly debating in our minds if it was even worth getting out of the truck, all the while wondering if the other was thinking the same thing. Finally we both looked at each other and grinned. Well Josh grinned and I might have even snorted a little.
After much, quiet debate we decided to just get out and check out this very tiny little carnival, seeing as how we were already parked and 'ready to go'. Mind you the whole time I was wondering where the "Festival" was because all I saw was a few [and when I say few... I really mean few] rusty 'out of a Horror-clown type cheesy B-Rated movie flick' rides and maybe one or two 'squirt water in the hole and win a prize' booth.
Up first was the little tiny dragon-looking coaster. -Jayden looked hesitant at first.
But he quickly realized that 'Rides are fun'... even if they are rusty and look like they could be marvels right out of the SyFy channel on a Sunday afternoon.
Next up was the Carousel. You can't go to a Fair without riding on a Carousel. It's just unheard of!
After the very short Carousel ride, we decided to head back to the truck. As we were leaving we passed by the 'Pony Rides'. They tried to 'sell' us a pony ride when we first walked in but I played it off that my son was to shy to ride the ponies, all the while hoping he would latch onto Josh's leg, giving me that 'I don't want to Mama look'... which he perfected nicely, however on the way out the Pony-Ride man asked if he was ready to ride the ponies, to which I continued to try and play up the 'Shy' thing but Jayden however ended up wanting a Pony ride while the Carny man just wanted our $5.00.
I think after the first few rounds he finally realized that maybe he should have just played up the 'shy' card also...
Oh well. All in all it was 'cute'. Carnivals really aren't my thing... I'm not sure why. I have always been creeped out by them. Judging by the faces that Jayden made throughout the 5min walk through of this
How cute!! Your son is adorable. The last picture is so funny...that would have been my face if I went to a carnival when I was younger. I think I got the same gene (:
ReplyDeleteYou are cracking me up. Those traveling carnivals are a little creepy, though! Your little one's face says it all... the trip to the carnival was worth that last photo! So cute.
ReplyDelete