October 14, 2010

beginnings of a Master Bedroom

Our Master Bedroom is pretty basic right now. It's been neglected ever since we moved in, even though it should have been towards the top of the list. A Master Bedroom should be a relaxing place right? A place for the Hubs' and I to retire at the end of a long hard day and just relax and enjoy each others company -NOT wrap ourselves up in some ugly-worn out patterned comforter because we all know their ain't nothin sexy going on with that.


Here is the room, as it was empty. Right before we closed on the house.

Pretty basic. It definitely has some good bones, texture and character. I will admit, the bedroom is a LOT smaller than our last place but I fell in love with the house so much that the downsize of the bedroom didn't bother me.


The only downside to having a smaller bedroom is that we really have no other options for furniture placement other than what you see here. The cable for the TV is located/mounted in the wall right BEHIND the TV, so if we wanted to place the bed on that wall between the two windows we would need to do some extra work to relocate the cable to the opposite wall... Which in the end isn't really worth it.


I'm excited that we are able to even have a wall mount TV, especially since our TV was already a flat screen wall mount [type] to begin with [it also has a mount that attaches to it so if we didn't have a wall mount hook-up we could easily place the TV on a table of some sort... like in our last place].

Although the TV in my [humble] opinion would have looked better on the wall that the bed is up against that way the bed could be between the two windows and we could have two bedside tables on either side of the bed, where as the location it's in now we don't have that option. Booo.

So in light of all things Master Bedroom, Ive whipped up some inspiration and ideas for what I want this space to focus on and I also have a question/poll for you fab-tabulous readers out there :)



I am really liking the idea of painting the walls Gray. There's just something 'mysterious' and 'romatic' about gray walls. As silly as that sounds... but hey, better than the unattractive look and feel of a sloppy bed comforter right?

Now this is where I need your input. With the paint color and the bit of inspiration I showed you, which of the following do YOU like best?

Note: Because sometimes I can be a complete ding-dong... Number 5 is missing from the list below. I will have to dig through my files to find it and post it up.... that is when im back at my 'home' computer :)








 Home Kissing Pleat Comforter Set









American Century Home - Erika Duvet Set










 Thomas O'Brien Modern Khaki Duvet











Springmaid Leandra Sea Mist Comforter Set










Thomas O'Brien Pale Sky Comforter Set






Out of the countless and what seemed endless search through comforters and Duvets... those are the 6 that I really like, thus far. I really like light, white or neutral colors. I try to stay away from bright and super busy patterns... Although I still like pattern but the blue, above, is probably the brightest I would go. 

So there you have it. My ideas in a 'nutshell'... or should I say BLOGshell... haha... get it... BLOGshell.. muahaha ::snort:: Sorry. Ive been looking at to many patterns, pictures of bedrooms and different shades of the color Gray :)

Thoughts? Love it? Hate it? Ideas?

11 comments:

  1. Number one! I think the white will be really pretty, soft and chic against a gray! Can't wait to see what you choose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kasey:

    Here’s an opinion from a complete stranger:

    1] I like it the best. It looks soft and it should stay clean for at least 10 or 15 minutes.
    2] Again with the total white thing, nice but won’t be for long.
    3] Better option, color will hide wear, small pattern, feels warm.
    4] Ever been to a cheap hotel in Florida? Sorry, don’t like that one.
    6] (What happened to 5?) Bolder pattern with lines, must be made
    up to perfection, in order to look neat. color is a bit “cold”.

    There ya go for what it’s worth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first one is really pretty, but I like a crisper look (I've actually looked at that comforter and decided that all of the pleats would drive me crazy! But I'm weird like that). My favorite is the third one- really pretty color and pattern. Or the second one- you know I'm a sucker for a pale gray/blue master bedroom with all white accessories!! What paint are you using? We used Pale Smoke by Benjamin Moore and I think it came out a little bluer than I was looking for, but still really pretty!! Can't wait to see what this turns into!

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS. Just realized I wasn't a follower?! Even though I look at your blog all the time... oh well, I'm on board now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michaela- I was leaning towards white also. I think something white or close to it would really look great against the gray on the walls!

    Photo Mel- Good question [about where number 5 is]. I'll have to check my files to see what happened, and I lol'd about the Cheap Florida hotel... so true!

    Michelle- I was wondering about the pleats also. Im wondering if they would get in the way when trying to keep the comforter straight, neat and 'organized' so to say... and also if washing the comforter will mess/bunch the pleast up!?

    Decisions, Decisions!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the upholstered bed #2 would be great paired with the #1 comforter. The bed would be SO cozy, and then you could add your pops of blue and grey! Looking forawrd to seeing the end result.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the bed #2 as well. And about the TV ... if it was opposite the windows, wouldn't it get glare?? LOL, just wanted to show you a plus side I suppose. Good Luck, I know whatever you decide it will turn out great!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Design Blooms- That's another great idea. Haven't thought about mixing and matching! Hmmm....

    Kiana- That's a good point however we only usually watch TV in the bedroom at night, so it's already pitch dark outside :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. My vote is bed number two and bedding number one. I am in love with white bedding. So fresh and clean and a pop of color or sparkle with a great throw pillow! Excited to see how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Courtney! Well we have our wall color up on the walls now and the more I look at it, the more I am also leaning towards white bedding and using pillows for the extra pops of color. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't wait to see it all come together! Thanks for your visit! Have a wonderful day :)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your lovely comments! :)