October 18, 2010

Fall essentials, complete with Boston terrier

The outside is officially complete for Fall with a smidgen of Halloween. I'm not a big decorator for Halloween but I do like to place little things here and there to just give it that little added touch. Like our Handmade spider web and little fabric ghosts we have in the front tree by the door. -Just simple little things like that I enjoy doing without going to overboard on the misting machines, plastic skeletons, strobe lights and gravestones. [Although I still think that stuff is super fun!].


So since we are on the topic of 'Halloween decor', I figured that would be the perfect place to start, right? Right. So here is the front tree with our little ghosts made out of an old tattered sheet that had been used for painting and our spider-web made of yarn in the the middle where the tree starts to 'split'. Surprisingly enough, our spider is still holding on strong!


You might have noticed some extra 'greenery' around the base of the tree, where as in our post about making the spider web, it's all bare. Well... This weekend we went to Lowe's and they had a rack out front by the Garden Center. It was 3-shelves high and had tons of plants on it, including these mums and various annuals. The entire rack was being sold for $20.00! I couldn't pass that deal up. Especially with the variety and the fact that all of the plants were still living and in super shape! Regular price, everything would have come to $268.00, but I got it all for $20.00 +Tax.


Now lets talk small front porch. We have the essentials. Pumpkins, Large Mum plant, Little decorative-crafty Halloween accessory off to the left, a 'dramatic' wreath and a dog. 

Okay we're ready for our Martha Stewart photo-shoot!


The large mum however was not part of the $20.00 rack sale. Booo... but our main purpose of going to Lowe's was to buy a Mum plant. They had these large mums for two different prices. $14.99 and $21.99. The only difference? The cheaper ones came without a 'fancy' wooden pot. Well since I already have a stash of pots at home, I went with the $14.99 one. Pretty little things aren't they?


Here is our other 'added' touch of Halloween. Simple and inexpensive. Take some sticks, spray paint them... add some Spanish moss, orange ribbon, Dollar-Tree Crow, ceramic pot, some gourds and presto. A quick and inexpensive 'touch of Halloween' Flare... without going all Gaudy.


Lola is insisting on being on the cover of Martha Stewart... This dog... I tell ya....


I went back through the photos and it's fun to see the transitions throughout the seasons...

Here was our house right before we moved in. February 2010.


I hope you enjoyed the 'Fall-outdoor' tour! Have you made any changes to the outside of your home for Fall? Whether it be decor, plants or maybe some Halloween decorations?

6 comments:

  1. Hi Kasey! Your home transformation is looking so great and you have added the perfect fall accents to it! I also like how your bedroom is shaping up in the post below! Thanks so much for stopping by today! :-)
    Vanesa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too Cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a darling post...love the transformation...and Lola...she should be on the cover of something...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved your changes...I have been redoing some things out back. THis time of year our house is a mess, a complete mess with all the leaves falling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your porch is looking great and your dog is too cute! And what a great tree you have!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the transformation. I really like the wreath on the door.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your lovely comments! :)