February 11, 2014

Penelope Grace - 5 Months

I cannot believe my baby girl is 5 months old already. Seriously, where has the time gone!? I remember back when she was born. I was sitting outside in the backyard with her as the sun was setting, it was nice and warm out, the crickets were chirping and there were a few birds left still hanging out before calling it a night. I remember cherishing that moment. She was less then a week old and I was still recovering from our c-section. It was quiet, the neighborhood was quiet. It was just the two of us and I thought to myself in that moment how I really needed to cherish every single moment and to not take any of it for granted. Even the sleepless nights {as hard as that can be} because her big brother grew up way to fast {hello. 6yrs old in a week and a half!}.

So here we are. 5 months old and she has changed so much already!

At her last appt. she was 25" and 13.2lbs and perfectly healthy!

She rolls over now but prefers to roll from her belly to her back.

When on her belly she becomes frustrated sometimes because she wants to crawl so badly, lifting her chest up and moving her legs. Soon, very soon!

Loves to babble and chat and oh that smile... Does this girl love to smile!

She started using her legs about 2 weeks ago to bounce up and down, non stop {lol}, thank goodness for bouncers!

She loves to chew on her hands and especially her feets!

She went on her first plane ride to Grammy and Grampys house a week ago and did awesome! As we were leaving our first plane a guy walked by us on the plane {I waited last to leave since I had the kids} and he was like 'Wow! I didn't even know there was a baby on the plane. Good job Mom!'... well why thank you kind sir.

She sticks her tongue out a lot.

Is starting to giggle when I blow raspberries on her belly.

We tried cereal for the first time and we aren't quite sure yet how we feel about that.

I was a bad Mama and forgot to take 3 MONTHS and 4 MONTHS photo in the nursery chair {shame on me}. So that's why we go from 1 MONTH, 2 MONTHS and then 5 MONTHS. Oh well, I have photos of her for every month, just not in the chair.

She has gotten so big already! She is my sweet, sweet girl. I love her so much, she truly is just perfect!

Happy 5 months baby girl!

No comments:

I enjoy reading all of your lovely comments! :)