January 5, 2014

Baby Weight be Gone!



I think it goes without saying that my plan for 2014 is to eat good, be healthy and of course... lose weight. And I know.... It's the new year and practically 96% of people make the same 'New Year's' resolution but this isn't really a 'resolution' per say. It just so happens that I am starting it in the New Year.

If you have been following along with the blog or Twitter/instagram then you know I had my little peanut 4 months ago. The initial plan was I was going to start working out after my Dr gave me the OK. At the end of October I got the 'OK' and started working out. My 2nd week in {working out 3-4 times a day} the right side of my incision started to open a bit {I had a c/s}. My Dr told me to stop for the time being until it was healed up. Well December came, and it was healed up but Christmas was right around the corner so I just figured I would start after the New Year and get the holiday out of the way. Since then I have been sticking with good food but have indulged on more then one occasion. I stepped on the scale and since my last Dr appt. I have only lost 5lbs which didn't surprise me since I haven't been working out and eating 100% clean {also... whoever said Breast Feeding burns calories and 'makes you lose' the baby weight is a liar, just saying...}.

So here I am. A new year and a new me {to come}.

I will be 30 this year so that's another reason why I am kicking the baby weight.

I don't have to lose as much as I did with my first pregnancy {80lbs} to get to my pre-pregnancy weight, this time I have to lose 35lbs to get to where I was before I got pregnant so that is my first goal. To lose the 35lbs and get to pre-preggo weight. My next goal will be to lose another 35-40lbs {I was 165 when I found out I was pregnant} or inches... whichever comes first.

I know what to do. All of this isn't new to me. After I had my son I had 80lbs to lose. I had lost close to 100 by his first birthday with exercising and eating healthy {Turbo Fire, P90X, Running/walking}.

I don't diet. I never have and never will. I try to follow the standards of clean eating. Eating wholesome foods, all natural and foods that have 5 or less ingredients {and making homemade whenever possible}. Staying away from Processed, sugary, sweets, fatty and greasy foods.

I started day 1 today with a 45min. Body Combat workout.

Luckily for me, it's winter. When I started my journey after having my son it was Spring, heading into Summer. Hoping to at least knock out these 35lbs by mid-Spring!

So what are your resolutions folks?

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! I still have 5 to go, now that Ash is 18 months they are probably here to stay.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your lovely comments! :)