The weekend has gone by way to fast again. I don't get it. If Monday-Friday would go by just as fast as Saturday and Sunday does then it wouldn't be all that bad would it?
First and foremost... I want to say that we had a little Graduate this weekend!
My little baby boy {although he insists I not call him that but instead call him 'BIG boy'... hehe} graduated Pre-School this weekend. Oh my goodness, I don't know if it's because im pregnant and have hormones surging through my body like a raging pack of wolves but I sobbed like a little baby when they walked out in their little cap and gowns.
Then his teacher read a poem to us all which was so sweet and heartfelt, not only was she crying but I sobbed even more. J kept looking at me laughing a bit whenever he saw me wiping the tears streaming down my face. At some points I had to kind of nonchalantly look around for reassurance that I wasn't the only one crying.... and I wasn't ;)
My
The patio table is still coming along. I am still planning to write a tutorial up and post it on the blog. I just have to finish staining the second bench, fix a few areas where Chloe had chewed up {ugh}, and take some more photos and then we should be good to go.
Speaking of Chloe, she went off to her new home on Friday. Yes... yes. We handed her over to a new Mama. She was a very sweet dog and didn't have a mean bone in her body, however she needed/needs lots and lots of attention. Both Josh and I work, so during the day her and Lola were always cooped up in the house, alone... by the time we got home at the end of the day we would put them outside to get some exercise {we have a large fenced in backyard}, J would typically run around out there with them while Josh and I were inside getting dinner ready... but it still wasn't enough. I couldn't take the destruction anymore, and it's not her fault, it's the fact that we couldn't give her the attention she needs. She has dug holes all around the yard, chewed on the new table and benches we made for the patio, chewed up the fabric on our old patio set, chewed the cord on the old lawn-mower {so we had to get a new mower}, chewed up our banana tree along with all of my potted plants, chewed up J's outside toys, got under the house at one point and dragged out a bunch of insulation {????}, Chewed up the sofa, chewed all the woodwork at the bottom of the living room and dining room windows. Chewed 4 pairs of J's shoes, chewed up 4 towels that she had gotten a hold of that were folded/left on the sofa, chewed up the coffee table legs... the list goes on. I never once put a hand on her and for the most part just tried my best to deter the chewing but the fact of the matter is, she was lonely. It wasn't her fault, granted, it wasn't ours either. We both have to work so we did our best.
We had been talking about it for awhile but were trying to figure out our options. I knew I would never bring her to a shelter, that option was definitely out. I also knew I was not going to just try and 'craigslist' her either, so that option was out. Without much hard work, we found her a home with a coworker of Josh's. She is a single gal, no kids and has two other dogs {one of which is just as big as Chloe, which would be the perfect playmate} and a large fenced in backyard. So we re-homed her without any problems and so far she has been doing great and is loving her new dog-pals. We did mention to her new mama that if something happens where she can no longer care for Chloe then to call us and we will take her back. It's bad enough we had to hand her over, would hate for her to be handed over again.
And please don't judge. We did our best to try and give everything she could need. We provided a loving home for her, we took care of her and did nothing but love on her when we were all here together, but the work week was hard on her with both of us working and it wasn't fair to her to have to continue with that routine so it was in her best interest to be with someone who could meet her needs. As far as Lola, she is still here. If Lola had a past life, she was most certainly a cat. She loves attention but at the same time is totally content with curling up on the sofa and taking a loooooong nap. And as sad as it may sound... I don't think Lola misses Chloe. I don't think she misses being used as a chew toy, being slobbered all over lol!
In other news, as you may {or may not know} I have been tapping back into my creative side again. After what seemed like almost a year long hiatus of just -blah- {and of course my first trimester was rough}, now that things are starting to become more 'routine' again, I have found my love of my pens and sketchbook. The top two are just two prints ive finished. 'The simple things' was hand drawn and then digitally colored and then I added the font. 'Our Nest' I also hand drew and the lettering was added in as well as the colors, digitally.
I plan to add these two prints to the shop once it opens back up {no firm date yet}, but until then ive been working on some more sketches :)
So... between an emotional pre-school graduation, a patio table that's still a work in progress, another emotional dog related situation and working on some new prints, that's pretty much what life has been like these past couple days. We still have so much more stuff to finish before our family BBQ next month and of course for the arrival of our little Bambina in early September {possibly late August.... im thinking late August. I have that feeling that the intense heat and humidity will be enough to put me into labor. I have had enough of it already, Lordy help me these next 2 months lol!}.




No comments:
I enjoy reading all of your lovely comments! :)