I feel bad about the state of my Blog. I wake up everyday with the intentions of writing a post by the end of the day but when the end of the day actually comes, honestly im to pooped to sit down in front of the computer to write a post up.
I am hoping I will get my energy back once the little one is born {haha ya right}.
A couple of weekends ago my mother-in-law came for the weekend to help with anything we needed to get done with the baby room. It just so happened to be the same weekend we got our crib and dresser that I ordered online. So she headed on over and we went and picked out a color for the room while Josh stayed back and put together the furniture.
I knew I wanted something that was more of a cool tone but not to cool. I bought a few sample colors {I can't remember what they were} and they just didn't do anything for me. So then we headed back to the store and after looking through a variety of colors I came across this one. Valspar's 'Foggy Mirror'. I liked how it was cool but not to cool {but of course cool enough to be in baby girls room hehe} and I also liked how it was a bit creamy. Not sure if that's how you would describe paint color but I liked how creamy it was.
And now for the current state of the Nursery....
With 2.5-3 months left we have gotten a lot more done then I thought we would have gotten done at this point. The bookshelf was a score from my mother-in-law, the crib is by Carters, and the original dresser I had bought for the room, once it came I decided to axe the idea of having it in the Nursery and instead put it in Jayden's room. I took the vintage dresser I had re-done for his room a few years ago and put it in the Nursery instead. It just seemed more 'feminine' compared to the one I ordered {which I really like, just didn't seem to fit in with the Nursery}.
I also had a lot of help from future Big Brother :)
So here is the break-down as far as what has been done and what still needs to be done.
Nursery Progress Checklist
-
Clear out 3rd bedroom
-
Buy and assemble crib {Carters Child of Mine Woodhaven fixed side crib - $143.00 @ Wal-Mart}
-Buy crib mattress {Safety 1st Heavenly Dreams - $53.00 @ Target}
-Buy and assemble dresser {Room Essentials 6-Drawer Dresser - $155.00 @ Target... moved into J's room and using the $20.00 Goodwill dresser re-done from 3yrs ago}
-Buy rocker/glider {Vintage find - $39.00 @ Goodwill}
-Paint walls {Valspar Foggy Mirror in Semi Gloss - $35.00 @ Lowes}
-Hang photos and handmade paintings/art
-Hang Mirror
-Find fabric for crib skirt
-Sew crib skirt
-Find crib blanket
-
Buy changing pad {Safety 1st contour changing pad - $20.00 @ Wal-Mart}
-
Find floor lamp {Floor lamp c/o mother in law - Free!!}
-
Find bookshelf {Target bookshelf c/o mother in law - Free!!}
-Find a good area rug
-Storage baskets {Target and TJMaxx - No more then $7.00 for one basket}
-Curtains
Do any of you mama's have any good ideas for some storage other then baskets? Under the
bed crib storage perhaps? It's been over 5yrs since I have worked on anything remotely close to a Nursery so this is almost all new to me :)
No comments:
I enjoy reading all of your lovely comments! :)