May 23, 2013

A local Day-Vacation

Last weekend for Mother's Day, I didn't really want to do anything spectacular or extravagant. Just wanted to hang out with the fam. and maybe take a little drive around the local populous and see the 'sights' ...or as I always like to remind everyone... the same sights we have seen a dozen times lol.


We drove on down to Pensacola to check out Fort Pickens. This was our second time coming here. It never gets old for me though {haha... old} because I love all things history.


The last time we came J was only about 2-3yrs old so he didn't really know what everything was around him, nor did he probly care. He saw tunnels, lots of space and sand and that's all that mattered.


This time however he was full of questions! 'How many bricks are in this fort??', 'Why are there so many tunnels??', 'Where did the people sleep??', 'Where are the people now that were here when this was built??'... the list was endless.


Overall it was a nice quiet, relaxing day filled with family time, sunshine and of course learning about our past. J seemed to enjoy it just as much as I always do {which is nice}. It was a perfect sunny day, hot but none the less, perfect. It's the simple things I enjoy doing with the family. We haven't taken an actual vacation or stayed anywhere for an extended period of time for a vacation {other then staying with extended family for a week every once in a great while} so it's nice to just get out of the house once in awhile and check out the local spots. The vacation spots that are right here in our own backyard.


1 comment:

  1. AnonymousMay 26, 2013

    But sometimes just painting the walls with kids freedom wall stickers letters of a set of 15 million
    dollar cameras.

    Also visit my homepage ... sticker

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your lovely comments! :)