May 27, 2013

Bring it on Summer!

Happy Memorial Day friends. I hope you all had a fun filled extended weekend {for those of you who were lucky enough to get an extended weekend}. This weekend for us was much needed, although I still didn't get as much done as I would have liked but then I have to stop and remind myself that I am heading into my 3rd trimester and I can't easily move around like I normally would.


I have been admiring all the greenery within our yard. I had planted some bulbs a couple years ago. I think our first Summer in this house was when I planted them. This is the first Summer that not only did a Pink Gladiolus bloom... but also my pink Lily flower {one of my favorite flowers}. It almost seems a bit symbolic seeing as how the theme with my flowers this year seems to be 'pink' {unintended} and that we are welcoming our baby girl come the end of the Summer.


Our pool filter sprang a leak so we had to get it replaced. The guy who replaced it said it was some kind of old, probly as old as our pool {which according to records was put in, in the 80's}. So we had to tear down the little pool-pump house so it could be replaced and now we are left with the aftermath. Dirt and lots of sand. It's all good, building a new pool-pump house was on Josh's list of 'things to do'... so hopefully this will just jump start the whole project lol.


Our little Garden. Tomatoes, Cherry Tomatoes, Plum Tomatoes, Cucumber and Zucchini. Hopefully we get some Zucchini this year. Last summer we had planted some but they never sprouted any zucchinis.


Two projects we worked on this weekend, both of which have nothing to do with one another. Hint: They both involve outdoors. Stay tuned!


Chloe was to busy being lazy taking a nap, so our other 'watch dog' was keeping tabs on the neighbor happenings.


On a whim, headed down to PCB {Panama City Beach} to check out Ripley's. We haven't been to this one yet {we went to the one in Orlando but J was only 2yrs old at the time}. It was cool... Not as big as I thought it would have been. My favorite part was the Titanic room. I think J loved all of it :)

I finally selected the fabric for Penelope's nursery bedding. I am just going to go with standard/solid color sheets and im making the crib skirt out of these fabrics {Anna Maria Horner}. I am still torn on whether to do a bumper or no bumper....

Just a few snippets of our weekend. I thought I started to get a little spurt of some sort of nesting today but that was short lived after I cleaned the entire living room top to bottom and ended with the feeling of my back being all shot to hell. Oh happy pregnancy {hehe}. It's alright though. Soon... hopefully....

I hope you all had a great Memorial Day and Happy 'unofficial' start to Summer! :)




1 comment:

  1. what gorgeous photos, and hello that fabric is so fun! love it all!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your lovely comments! :)