February 13, 2013

A bathroom update

Posts will be to a minimum this week because my father flew in from Boston on Monday to spend some time down here.

But, I though I would pop in and give and update on the never ending master bathroom re-do. This project has taken so long to do, but it is coming along now and most of the major things are done.. most.

Let's take a look at what the bathroom looked like before all of this madness began... shall we?

I can't even begin to tell you the many things wrong with this bathroom. Tub to large for the space, tiny little sink, no storage, low water pressure, bad tile job in the shower, a regular hallway light inside the shower {ya know... where it gets wet}, a leaky toilet... my friends that was all just on the surface!

See where those sheets of plywood are laying on the floor? Well their actually screwed down. Where that plywood is in the photo, is where there was a huge slab of concrete, wtf? Ya that was what we were thinking when we tore the floor up. Josh ripped out all the concrete, right down to the beams that hold the house up. Basically in a nutshell, he also had to fix so many problems under the floor, in the walls, the pipes... everything.

And here is the bathroom now. The floor is finished. The majority of the sheet rock is up {he left that one section open to make it easier to do the plumbing once we get the sinks for the vanity}. The toilet is in AND working.

So why has this project been taking sooooo long? Well it's just been us doing it when we get the time. Or I should say mostly Josh... With both of us working full time, family time and the amount of problems this bathroom has had, it's just been a long drawn out process. I am happy to see where it's at now though. Makes me happy. No more problems to fix, just finishing up now. We still have to tile the shower and get a top made for the vanity, install the sinks, hardware on the vanity cabinets, paint, hang up some shelves and we should be DONE!

No comments:

I enjoy reading all of your lovely comments! :)