February 9, 2013

I'm back! and... Oh Baby!

Hello friends!


If you {my followers to Little Brick House} even remember me {it's been quite some time}, yes my last post on this blog was about me moving over to wordpress. Wordpress didn't work out so well for me {Blogger is a more comfortable platform in my opinion}. Then I took a bit of a bloggy break here and there, played around with the idea of changing my blog name... yada yada... in the end I decided to come back to where it all started- Little Brick House.

And I have got some news! :)

You see, on Christmas Day there was another unexpected, yet not so unexpected Christmas gift for us.

On Christmas day, we found out that I am pregnant with baby #2! :)



Yes. Expected in the sense we were trying. Unexpected in the sense we didn't think we would get a positive right on Christmas day!

So why the month off? Well... This pregnancy has been the complete opposite of my first pregnancy. The bean has been kicking my butt, but for good reason of course. I have been having extreme fatigue since about a week after we found out. I mean to the point I could barely make it home from work I was so tired. Come home and skip dinner because I was so tired. Fall asleep on the couch {when normally I don't ever really do that}. Weekends I am usually a bushel of energy. Cleaning, crafting, family time... you name it. This past month?? Every weekend I have been super lazy. Not because I don't want to do things but I am just so tired to even attempt to start on something. I can't even tell you the amount of naps I have been having every weekend, off and on.

The other thing? Nausea. Yep. Fun.

I never really had nausea with my first pregnancy. When I did, it came around 11-12 weeks and only came in the morning. By about 9am I was good to go. Now?... HA! Non stop, all day and all night. Just off and on. Comes in waves. Started about 5 weeks. Luckily my doctor. Bless her heart, prescribed me some Zofran. It has helped tremendously but every now and then the nausea creeps through the medicine and there ain't really nothing I can do about it.



We had our first doctor appt. on January 22. I had an ultrasound and got to see the little bean. Doctor said everything looked perfect and the baby had a strong HB. My next appt. is in a couple of days :) Of course my nerves will settle once we head into the 2nd trimester, but until then, just still soaking it all in that I am pregnant. I already have a bump and im bloated everywhere, but it's been so long since Ive been pregnant and so long since we had a little baby in the house that everything sort of seems surreal.

With the news that were are expecting baby #2, that meant.... car shopping! It's also been so long since either of us had another vehicle. We knew we needed one now because my car is a small 2-door sports car and the back seat is smaller then the trunk. Our truck is 4 door but the heat/A/C mysteriously stop working whenever they feel like it. Both vehicles are paid off so we felt we were okay with moving ahead and purchasing a new 'family vehicle'.

NO we did not get a mini-van.



What we did get was a new 2013 Ford Escape SE with the turbo/ecoboost.

I looooove it. I seriously love this car. Then again I have never owned a brand new car right off the lot complete with new car smell. I am still getting used to all the little nick-naks {the navigation, sirius, the entire sync system as a whole} but as each day passes I get more and more acquainted with the new wheels.

So there you have it folks.

Lots and lots of changes around here. This year will be a big year for our family. New baby. Jayden turns FIVE!!!!! this month {with a trip planned to the Zoo in New Orleans along with my Dad coming down to visit}, J also starts Kindergarten this year.

There will be lots of pictures, lots of smiles, some tears and overall just lots of happiness!


1 comment:

I enjoy reading all of your lovely comments! :)