May 18, 2012

Things I'm afraid to tell you

As I was going through my reader I noticed something going around called 'Things im afraid to tell you' ...

Here and Here for example.

Lately I have been thinking up of a way to just let it all out. All of it. Things that I want you, the reader to possibly know about me. Nothing really personal but things I just felt uncomfortable telling you and coming up with ways to try and be more comfortable to ... well, tell you.

Then I saw this topic floating around Blogland and thought 'wow, perfect timing'. 

  • I feel like I have nothing in common with anyone. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing but I read all kinds of blogs of all different types and one of the main reasons why I hardly comment, isn't because I don't want to but because in the end, I just can't seem to come up with anything to say. Mainly because I just can't relate to the post or person posting it. Whether it has to do with crafting, DIYing, fashion... etc... I just can't relate. I never seem to have the time. I never have the time to craft. Heck our master bathroom has gone NOwhere because of lack of time and even though I like fashion and clothes and all that girly stuff... I never have anywhere to go to wear it. I work in an aircraft hangar with dirty, stinky military aircraft and even stinkier coworkers {all of which are men}. I wear blue jeans, steel toe boots and a work shirt with my hair pulled back. By the time I leave work my face is oily from being out in the heat, my clothes smell like fuel and my hands are typically covered in Hydraulic fluid and aircraft grease. No 'What I wore Wednesday' posts for me because no one will think what I wear is anything remotely close to cute. Now im not saying this is a bad thing, it's just a thing I guess. Like the Black Sheep of Blog land {lol}.
  • I have no friends. You think im joking, but im not. When I left the Military 99% of my friends that I had moved away, whether it was them getting out and going back home or getting orders to another base. I was not only a newly made civilian, but I was friendless. And to go back to what I mentioned above, about the 'time' thing... I have no time to meet friends. I am always working and because im always working, once the weekends come we just want to spend time together as a family, before quickly going back into another busy work week. It's been 5yrs since I have been out on a 'Girls night'. 5yrs since Ive had coffee or lunch with a friend. 5yrs since a friend has come over and well you get the picture. It's been so long since I have interacted with anyone remotely close to being a friend that I feel weird now when meeting new people. Like I have lost my mo-jo. Like I am a hermit now and when im 75yrs old I will become one of those crazy cat ladies w/96 cats because those cats will be my friends. All 96 of them. 
  • Lastly- Because of my job and it being a male dominant profession... I have picked up a nasty habit and lucky for you, it's not picking a wedgie or chewing dip or any other type of nasty man-habit, but it's another nasty one and im trying to work on it. I curse and I curse a lot. You might not know it from reading my blog and I might have slipped up a time or two here and there and said 'shit' but that's mild compared to my mouth at work. Luckily I am able to turn off the dirty mouth when im at home but at work it's bad. And to go along with the bad mouth I have bad humor. I don't let my humor out on this blog all that much because it will more then likely offend someone but I have really bad dirty humor. I'm not so ashamed of my sense of humor as I am of my trucker mouth, mainly because, well.... I think im funny {not to toot my own horn or anything}... You might say that maybe I don't have any friends because of my filthy mouth and dirty humor and maybe your right, but like I said, I have learned how to turn it off, it's just once I walk into work the switch gets turned on and it's game time. Hehe. 
So there you have it. My 3 major things that I have always wanted to tell you, but felt a bit uncomfortable tell you or letting the 'world' know. So for the future if you read along in one of my posts and come across the word 'shit'... Just say I didn't warn you ;-)



8 comments:

  1. I think you and I would be friends in real life. I swear a ton and have just a couple friends...mostly my family are my friends. I also roll my eyes at most craft posts - especially if I can buy something instead of making it. Making that owl mobile almost killed me and I would much rather have my time back! ha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I, for one, must say that you are totally rocking it. Between your baby room and your kitchen, it's looking awesome! I sometimes try to think I can put a room together but my mind changes so much I end up just leaving something the way it is. Crafting does take up a lot of time though and in the end you never know if it will turn out with how you envisioned it, and if it doesn't then that money spent on supplies could have just gone towards buying a finished product.

      Delete
  2. I've never been to your blog before but I just found it from Sara's. Jeez, can I relate. Except instead of being super busy, I'm super bored (we just moved to a new place and I'm trying to find a job). I don't always feel like I can relate to bloggers either. Just wanted to let ya know you're not alone. :) PS- I'm not sure what your job is (maybe you have it in "About" or something) but it sounds BAD ASS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Amanda! It's nice to hear other people who can relate to some of the things I do in my own life. Reminds me that im not really a goober after all. Oh and my job? I work for the Government on Military aircraft. I don't talk about the job much because I really {can't} talk about the job lol. Have a great week! :)

      Delete
  3. Outside of the job, we are a lot alike. I am married to a sailor and after ten years I kind of gave up on making new friends. It seems that as soon as you have lunch with someone a couple of times they PCS away. I don't have children by choice which makes me an outcast in the Navy wife world and have the mouth of a sailor (truthfully, most sailor's wives have the potty mouths). Relating in real life is just hard. As for posting your work outfit...go for it! I'd rather see an actual outfit than some of these outfit posts where someone is pretending to be a model. Really, who needs to see six pictures of your skinny jeans and a statement necklace?! Bring on the steel toes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol your right. I think I may just make up one of those posts and take different angled shots of me sporting my work jeans and steel toes... only sucky thing is, I don't have a full length mirror. I bet if I stand on the toilet though I could get a full shot! hehe.

      Delete
  4. AnonymousMay 21, 2012

    Aww Kasey...thanks for sharing. I for one would not be scared of your potty mouth or potty humor! LOL
    I too find it hard to comment on some of the blogs I'm following, but I find that I want people to comment on mine so I at least make the effort to say something, even if just that's cool, or I could never do that type comments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Filthy mouth AND dirty sense of humor?! Sounds like we could be friends!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your lovely comments! :)