May 10, 2012

Rashes, new neighbors and kicking butt!

Hello, hello!

Well life has been busy as always. Just wanted to pop in and say hi!

Last time I posted I mentioned how I had hives or something and was going to the doctor. Well she said I had hives, gave me a prescription steroid cream and they are gone. Now im itchy on my shins but it's not hives, more like dry skin of some sort, my dermatologist said I can use my steroid cream on it or any other itchy spots that pop up... I am beginning to think I have psoriasis or something {ugh} but this time of year always sucks. Between the heat and humidity and my lack of using moisturizer, I tend to get itchy. WELL Jayden now has a small bumpy looking rash on his belly. I am now convinced that on top of my normal 'It's that time of year where I get itchy skin', that there is some sort of plant in our yard. The reason I am thinking this is because we have so many plants and bushes in our backyard and it's hard to tell one from the other. We also have a ton of Virginia Creeper all over and although Virgina Creeper is typically not poisonous, I did read it carries the same oxalate crystals as does poison Ivy and if you fall into that small percentage that can react to it, then you can and will, in fact, develop an itchy rash from touch/rubbing Virgina Creeper. I am highly allergic to Poison ivy, oak, sumac... you name it. I look at it and I get itchy.... Looks like Jayden inherited my sensitive skin :-( -I also thought of 'Scabies' but if it were that then Josh would have gotten it a long time ago {ha!}.

Anyways, now that you know all about my itchy rashes {because your day cannot be complete without a break down of itchy rash talk}, in other news the both houses across the street from us that went up for sale, sold within a 2 week span. People moved into one house already and the other one, a guy has been coming by every weekend and sometimes throughout the week, cleaning the bushes in the yard up etc... I am trying to debate whether or not this person is going to move in or it's someone who bought the house and is going to flip it... That would be something if it were the same person/people that flipped our house before we bought it and if it were then I would tell them that I hope they do a better job on that house then they did on ours {for reals}.

SO I am in the middle of week 4 of Turbo Fire.

WEEK 4!!!

I haven't weighed myself yet but my pants are fitting loser, heck my workout pants are already getting baggy on me. Josh says my waist looks like it's getting smaller. Josh is also in week 4 of this with me. He is alternating between Turbo Fire and Insanity. Next week I am going to be adding in P90X on top of my Turbo Fire.

We have been eating super healthy and super clean. I haven't had not one processed thing in the past month and honestly, I feel so much better!


Last night I made these super tasty open-faced turkey breast flat bread sandwiches w/side salad. They were so delicious!


Breakfast for me has typically been some sort of smoothie. Using fresh fruits, flax seed {ground}, oats, protein, yogurt... etc. Today however I am home from work and decided to have myself a little Greek yogurt/blueberry/granola bowl. It was glorious!

I think I am really in the zone now and I so got this and when it's all said and done and Josh and I finally reach our goals we can take that much needed romantic getaway to either St Lucia or Hawaii! Oh yes, that in itself is motivating me because I could use a vacation away from here!

So that's pretty much all that's been going on. Start to see some changes around here. Not big changes, but changes as in posting recipes {I made these yummy protein bars, will share the recipe soon!} and other types of 'stuff' related to health and fitness. Not only do I enjoy sharing these things, but it helps keep me motivated and in check within my own health and fitness journey!

Happy Thursday friends! :0)

No comments:

I enjoy reading all of your lovely comments! :)