Happy Monday everyone.
It's a bit chilly down here in Florida this morning, at least to chilly for my liking.
So I am off work again today... Have to try and get an appt. in with the dermatologist today. I have started breaking out in Hives, which is weird. I have never gotten hives before and hives typically mean your having an allergic reaction to something. Im hoping she can give me some sort of super potent anti-itch/anti-hive medicine. I've just about doused myself in anti-itch creams... ugh. I'm over it.
Did I ever talk to you about our garden? No? Well we have started a new garden this year. Last year our garden was pretty sad. It was along the side of the house where it was a bit 'hidden' and well... it really didn't take off as much as we had hoped. That and it was ravaged by nasty large green horn worms.
So this year we moved the garden to other corner of the yard, back behind the pool.
We have ourselves some strawberry plants growing in a few pots around the actual bed of the garden.
A banana tree.
Josh made some herb boxes to hang along the top part of the fence. He drilled holes in the bottom for water drainage and then lined them with plastic, filled with potting soil and added some cilantro and basil {our most fav. herbs}.
The main bed had two more strawberry plants and 8 tomato plants.
I'm really looking forward to using some of our new veggies/fruits that we get from our garden. I have already used some cilantro and basil for some cooking and the flavors of using our own herbs vs. buying them at the grocery store seem so much more 'flavorful'.
We also planted an Orange tree in the back corner of the yard {other side}. Of course it's a baby and it will be awhile before it sprouts oranges but I sure can't wait for that, love me some oranges! We also have 4 plum tree's in the yard which were there before we moved in.
How about you guys, do you have a garden or plans for a garden this year?





I haven't had much luck with my plants in the past, but am determined to try again this year!
ReplyDeleteHave a great week!
xx
Joanna
Everything around there looks so green and pretty! I've planted a few flowers outside in our flower bed... But no garden yet... Getting this stinky AZ soil to grow ANYTHING is a huge job!
ReplyDeleteI love growing cilantro because we use it alot, but it always goes to seed on me. Bogus.
ReplyDelete