With it being Sunday I wanted to make a good, healthy, yet simple and easy Breakfast for me and the family. Everyday this week I have been having a fresh smoothie for breakfast and it has been lovely however today I wanted something with just a bit more substance, ya know?
I took a basic whole wheat pancake recipe and changed it up a bit. Like adding soy vanilla flavored milk instead of regular milk {soy milk has more protein and is more packed with vitamins and nutrients} and used egg whites instead of regular eggs.
Ingredients
2 cups of whole wheat flour
4 tsp of baking powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp Splenda no calorie sweetener
3 tbsp egg whites {3 tbsp = l large egg. I wanted my batter a little thick. If you want it a little less thick then add 3 more tbsp}
2 cups Vanilla Soy Milk
Cooking spray
Directions
Heat non-stick skillet over medium/low heat.
Mix all dry ingredients together then add wet ingredients.
Spray non-stick skillet with cooking spray.
Pour a little more then 1/4 cup of batter onto heated skillet.
Once batter starts to bubble, it's time to flip it over.
Serve with a side a of fresh fruit for a fantastic healthy and filling breakfast!
Nutrition-
Servings: Makes 6 pancakes / 1 pancake each {their pretty large and thick}Calories: 195 / Fat: 1.8 / Carbs: 35.5 / Protein: 8.1


No comments:
I enjoy reading all of your lovely comments! :)