I decided to take today off. It was a thought in the back of my mind all week and yesterday afternoon I decided 100% that, yep... im taking Friday off. It's been slowing down {knock on wood} a little bit at work so it's not like I couldn't take it off or anything...
Anyways I want to talk to you about what ive been up to lately. Actually what both Josh and I have been up to.
Health and fitness.
I know, may sound boring but it's something we are both taking very seriously right now.
You see before I was going to the gym, somewhat regularly... although some weeks it was very inconsistent. 1 time a week here, 3 times there... basically just flip flopping. And although the gym is great and has everything you need, when it comes to cardio, it can become somewhat repetitive. The same machines, working the same muscles, all the time.
Last week I was looking through my 'Health and Fitness' folder on pinterest. Mind you it had been a week already that I hadn't stepped foot in the gym. Oh ya, waking up at 3:45AM to go to the gym before work was also getting VERY old... seriously. Anyways, was looking through my folder and it just hit me. I said to myself 'Self, this is it. Staring at these photos all the time isn't going to make anything happen. It's time to finally do this!'.
We already had P90X... but I didn't feel like doing that. I wanted something that would really make me sweat my {excuse my humor} balls off.
Then I remembered Turbo Jam and how fun it was. Problem was, some of my Turbo Jam DVD's were missing...
Just to show you how much I loved TJ, here is a 1yr progress photo of me after having Jayden and my road to losing the baby weight-
The before was about 4-5 months after having J. The after photo, 1yr later was me at my pre-pregnancy weight. The after photo is pretty much where I have 'hovered' at ever since. I let myself fall into that 'comfort' zone, knowing I had reached my goal of losing the baby weight. I stopped doing my Turbo Jam, stopped eating healthy ALL the time {yes for that entire year my eating habits were top par} and wasn't taking it as seriously as I should have.
My ultimate goal was to get down to 125 {im 5'4"} and not so much be thin, but be fit. I want muscles, not big muscles but I want to be athletic. I love the healthy glow of someone who just looks like they kick butt all the time and I can imagine the constant, amazing feeling they have all of the time from kicking butt as well.
SO with that said I went onto the ol' beachbody site and looked into Turbo Fire. It's basically the next step up from Turbo Jam and since I already did Turbo Jam and enjoyed it AND got results from it I snapped me up a Turbo Fire package and that's where im at now. Day 5 and im loving it! Josh is even doing it too and he really enjoys it as well.
I also snagged up a nifty new pedometer as well-
Yesterday was the first day I wore the pedometer and with my 40min. fire starter class workout and an hour after the workout I burned 1550 calories. INSANE!!! but awesome!
We've completely revamped our eating habits. I always thought before I ate pretty well, for the most part, but boy was I wrong. Fruits, veggies, whole grains, lean proteins, smoothies.... Every morning this week for BFast I have had a smoothie and it has been delicious. Yesterday I tried Papaya for the first time. A Papaya and Kiwi smoothie and wow, just wow.
We have been bringing our lunch/snacks to work everyday and not only has it been saving us money from eating out at lunch, but it's been great with making us stick to our healthier eating habits. And it's amazing at just how much food we really have throughout the day to eat and snack on!
My schedule has changed to. No longer working out in the morning. As of now this is my typical day-
4:30AM - Wake up
6AM - Leave the house
6:30AM - Drop J off at Daycare
6:45AM - Get to work
4PM - Leave work
5PM - Get home {traffic is seriously ridiculous}
5:30PM - Workout {while im working out Josh is in the kitchen making our lunches for the next day}
6:30PM - Make dinner
7-8:30PM - Play time with J {reading, coloring... playing outside}
9PM - I am IN BED lol.
J even sometimes tries to do the workout with me, which makes it fun. I feel like I can involve him more and of course im spending more time with him vs. going to the gym. He will even sit on the couch and watch me do my workout and cheer me on. He's my little motivator. Keeps me going lol.
So there you have it. I am in week 1 of my new lifestyle and I am determined to finally reach my ultimate goal. To be fit! To finally do this and to feel great, inside and out. :0)



AWESOME!!!!! YOU GO GIRL!!! <3
ReplyDeleteYou are awesome!! Good luck! When I tell people I want to lose 30 more pounds (to be 120) they look at me like I'm crazy. Well I am 5 foot (and that is stretching the truth) so 120 for barely 5' is healthy. I am still working on the losing the baby weight... all with diet and nursing so far. I realize that I need to start working in some exercise and cut out my chinese and pizza habits. That pizza you picture looks really good... and I love smoothies! For me week 1 is always great and I feel inspired and soaring... I always struggle at week 2. But you are on the right track, annoucing it to the world will surely help you stay on track. You should do weekly updates on how you are doing!
ReplyDeleteYou are awesome Kasey!! I thought about you recently when I decided that me and hubby would get our butts in gear and do something to live long healthy lives. So I'm glad you are continuing that will help inspire me more!!
ReplyDeleteThat's great Kiana, im going to be incorporating a lot more health/fitness type stuff to the blog so hopefully I can share even more motivation not only for myself, but also for all of you :)
DeleteGo you!!! Sounds like you're really on a roll! I've heard of Turbo Jams, but didn't know they had a Turbo Fire too. What do you do with it??? i.e. what kind of workout is it? I have to get better at eating healthier too! Sheesh. Thanks for the motivation today girl!
ReplyDeleteIt's a very high intensity cardio style workout. Lots of kicking and punches {think kick boxing} and just non stop music with very high, energetic music. Before you know it the workout is over and you are dripping with sweat!
DeleteHey look at you! My Hubby & I are doing the same thing. Just trying to get into a good consistent routine =) Good for you guys! Keep it up!
ReplyDeleteThanks Tia :)
Delete