December 26, 2011

A look back and a look ahead

Now that Christmas is over, the next order of business is the new year. 2012. What will 2012 bring? There aint no telling. I hope it brings more projects {completed lol... need I remind you all of our master bathroom???}, more creativity and a family trip {to Massachusetts to visit family}.

2011 wasn't a bad year but it wasn't anything to get excited about either. Granted, the most important thing was we were all happy and all healthy. That aside, it was a lot of relaxing around the house.

 



Summer comes early for us down around these parts so lots of time spent in the backyard and trips out and about start off... typically when February ends.

Once the summer starts, we spend a lot of our time in the pool. Heck sometimes it's even to hot outside to even be in the pool {if that makes any sense}.



I did finish a few smaller projects around the house this year though....



Finished Jaydens room. Bought and refinished an old $20.00 twin bed scored @ the Goodwill and a side table/night stand refinished as well. Painted him a complete chalk board wall and added a few odds and ends throughout the room {bunting, paintings, art... etc}.


Tweaked the living room around a bit.


As well as the entryway.

This year also bought some mini-trips throughout the area.





2011 was a good year for the most part. It was calm and quiet. We didn't take any vacations, just hung out at home or created our own little adventures.

Im not really sure what im hoping for 2012. Of course I hope we continue to be happy and healthy... and speaking of health I am more focused then ever. Ive been hitting the gym hard 5-6 days a week and also gave up a lot of crap food.

Im hoping to take my Etsy shop to the next level {newer/different items along with the ones I have already}. Im hoping that 2012 brings more creativity and the completion of some much awaited projects... LIKE our master bathroom :0)

What are your goals or what is your outlook for 2012?

2 comments:

  1. I would love to hit the gym, but have been super lazy. Here in New York it is cold and we have no desire to go outside at all. I'm off the Australia next month, that should be fun (to visit my family).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos Kasey! I just want 2012 to be happier than this year. I am thankful we are all healthy but this year really had lots of ups and downs. Wishing you the best 2012 you can have!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your lovely comments! :)