It's been a little bit. But such is life. Right? I am however happy to report two things. 1 being I am about 95% done with my Christmas shopping and even better? - All of my presents/gifts are wrapped and tagged. and 2. Even with the holiday season upon us I have managed to really crack down and get back into shape.
We had two Thanksgiving dinners and it was awesome. Food was great, family was here. It was fun. However that Sunday after thanksgiving I felt like I had gained 20lbs, felt extremely bloated and just blah. The gym was calling my name. I hate feeling blah.
For the past two weeks I have worked out everyday for at least an hour or more, with cardio and strength training. I have also been eating super healthy and I am loving it. Ive lost 3lbs so far {although weigh in is tomorrow, but so far 3lbs since last weigh in}.
This Christmas we are keeping it low key. Because we had TWO Thanksgiving dinners, I just don't feel like eating a big heavy meal and Josh agreed. Instead we are going to cook some steaks on the grill, roast some veggies and maybe have a glass of wine after Jayden goes to bed, just the two of us.
Living in Florida we can still grill out and eat out on the patio {w00t}.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Last weekend we went to the beach to get some shells.
I love the beach this time of year.
It's calm and extremely peaceful.
No tourists!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Except a few seagulls...
Some washed up Jellys
Seashells and sand dollars.
Smiles.
Tranquility.
We walked in search of different shells.
I found a really large one sticking halfway out of the sand, closer to the water. I didn't want to get wet so I had to calculate my timing right to run and grab the shell before the next wave came up.
Then as we were walking back a wave came up and soaked Josh's leg {hehe}. We drove home with wet socks hanging out of the window {cute}.
Now as for the shells, plan to make some sort of ornament with them.
One of our traditions is to go to the beach a couple weeks before Christmas to get shells. Love it!
Im also going to make something with the remaining shells and handfuls of beach sand I grabbed and sent it to my Grandma up in Massachusetts. She used to live in Florida and then moved to the Bahamas and lived there for 5yrs, then lived in St Croix for about 6yrs and then back to Florida before moving back up North {so my Dad could help take care of her}. I thought the shells and beach sand would put a smile on her face. She loves the beach and tropical weather.
Can you imagine {living} in St Croix!?
OH and I saw Santa the other day walking around. He was wearing flower print board shorts, sandals and a T-Shirt that had part of a Santa suit on it. He was going into Bealls outlet lol.
No comments:
I enjoy reading all of your lovely comments! :)