December 26, 2011

Facebook Page disabled - Help!?

I need some help y'all!

Okay... so apparently Facebook does not like me... or does not like the name 'Little Brick House'. As you may or may not have know I had a FB page, like many people to use for their blogs/shops. I have seen many many pages that have to do with the specific persons blog or perhaps their Etsy shops. It's big... lots of people do it, so I know for a fact I am not alone in that department.

I have had my 'Little Brick House' FB page for a few months now and have posted at least once a week... even if it was to ask how my 26 followers were doing and wishing them well.

Well I go to log onto my 'Little Brick House' FB page just a few mins. ago and it told me my account was disabled.

DISABLED!? What the what?

I really don't know exactly why my account was disabled. I searched through the facts page and from what I gather, pages that are disabled are because the user is not allowed to maintain an account/page under the name of their organization. Or use personal accounts to promote themselves professionally.

Okay 2 things here. 1- Since when can we not maintain account for our organization? and 2- Reverts back to number 1. Isn't that the purpose of FB pages? To 'promote' your organization/blog... etc? Networking if you will. It's everywhere... talk about how we should sign up for Facebook and or Twitter... or both, when trying to promote our blogs or our Etsy shops?

Maybe im wrong, who knows... I am however done trying to create a page on FB for my Etsy Shop and or Blog. This is the 2nd instance they have messed up my page/account, but this time they just completely disabled it without even letting me know.


Has this ever happened to any of you and if so, do you know why and was it ever fixed??

3 comments:

  1. What they are referring to in the user/page part is that there are two different types of accounts. So, you have a 'Hi! I'm Kasey!' page that you have your family and friends and old school mates on. Then you have another page that is 'little brick house'. Your "Kasey" page isn't to promote your "LBH" page, and vice versa. They fully allow you to advertise with your LBH page.

    As to how to re-enable your account, I'm not so sure about. I would send them an email and ask what happened, and what do you need to do to fix it. Maybe you had two, and didn't realize it? (there are lots of 'little brick house' on fb!)

    I hope this helped some! And sorry that you got booted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry that happened to you. No idea what to do about it but I hope it works out.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your lovely comments! :)