December 27, 2011

Studio Tour :: Updated

I havent done a studio post in awhile. It has been awhile for me though since I havent really spent some time in here.

{I say in 'here', loving the new laptop Josh got me!}

Lets just say I was neglecting the ol' studio. It was accumulating more stuff on top of stuff that was just thrown in there. The closet looked like it threw up all over the floor. Random objects were just spewed everywhere and everything was out of place.

This is what we were dealing with around 3PM today....





See.

There it is. The closet throwup. It was a mess. A pure mess everyone. I was actually disgusted because I typically like my space and my studio to be somewhat organized. If it's a mess like this and just overall organizational disaster, then my creativity decreases. My motivation and creative juices pretty much become non-existent.

So now that the holidays are over something had to be done.

I put my game face on and walked in with my fists up ready to fight out the mess.

I won :0)



I did a little re-arranging also....


I put my mat in the far corner and moved all the jars of sewing supplies up on the shelf.


The fabric that used to be in this spot {on the shelf} I moved into the closet, it only made sense.


There used to be a ton more 'fabric' in the closet. It was mostly old curtains in different shades of darker greens... etc. I always kept it because I figured I *might* need it again for whatever project someday... but it's been a year since any of the stuff was even un-folded SO... off into the donate pile it went.


My paints used to be hanging from the 'accessory board' that is over by the sewing area of the bench, but I moved them to the other end of the bench along with my other paint/drawing supplies.


Canvases, drawing books, paints {located in the white jar}, color pencils and drawing pencils are all located in this corner now.


I also moved my sewing table. It used to be under the window but I decided to move against the long wall, that way it would be easier to see a little 'someone' running up and down the hallway, vs trying to turn around a gazillion times {when it was under the window}.


And the ironing board is now located under the window, where the sewing table used to be.

And there is my newest Studio tour. My creative juices are starting to flow now, I can feel it and im so excited to start working on more and new projects.

Speaking of new projects- The ol' shop is on 'vacation' right now for a little bit. Now that my space is organized and cleaned, I need to get back in and start working on some more items. I have also been working on a newer item {non-sewing related} as well for the shop, but this sort of item takes time and patience. Now that all my stuff is organized im ready to dive in and have fun!

2 comments:

  1. I just did this with my tornado-hit dressing room. I feel like I can breathe again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that someone else uses the same analogy as I do. I used to say all the time that my closet looked like it was throwing up. lol Kind of funny, kind of sick, you know? :) Your studio is AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your lovely comments! :)