November 20, 2011

A walk down memory lane

I may or may not have mentioned that last weekend {before we were dive bombed by sinus infections, which still.. have yet to completely leave} that we bought a new printer.

I was seriously ready for a new printer because our old one seemed as though it was becoming increasingly slower and slower after each use and for some reason the thing seemed to do some sort of 'printer preparation' thing each time it started up, which also seemed to take increasingly forever after each use.

It was an HP and it was 4yrs old.

This time we bought an Epson. Since I am working on new illustrations for the shop, I wanted a printer that would work and fit my needs perfectly and from what I have researched... Epson seemed to be the winner.

anyways this printer is also a scanner and a fax combo {do people still fax anymore?}. So with the scanner came me pulling out some old boxes of photos from grade school and posting them up on FB for all of my school buddies to gawk, laugh, squirm or maybe even shed a tear or two from all the memories within these photos.


For starters here is my school picture from kindergarten!! Holy cow. complete with late 80's sweater, turtleneck and the cow-lick just completes the entire combo {and man... my eyebrows were bushy for a young kid! haha}.


Ah. 4th grade. That was a fun year. That was the last grade in elementary school before entering into 'Junior High'. That was also the last year that everyone seemed to get along with everyone {hmmm}. I of course am in the back row, 3rd in from the right.


This is by far my most fav. photo from school. It's just so random and candid. They all knew I was about to take a photo but someone else at the table said something insanely hilarious and my BFF {on the far left with her mouth hanging wide open ha!} just burst out laughing all the while everyone else kind of reacted in their own ways too.. and I just snapped the photo and now every time I look at it I can't help but laugh. I don't remember what exactly was said, I just remember it was funny and this reaction was even funnier.

Also to note, of all my childhood/school friends, my goofy friend {mouth hang wide open girl} is the only one I really keep in touch with from back home. Miss her tons!


Miss the days of riding and being out in the barn!


Ah. tech school. This was after Boot Camp. My two BFF's from tech school, we did everything together. This was @ Six Flags. We were allowed at this point to 'go off base' but we had to be in uniform. Even though it was insanely hot {Texas} and we were wearing woolish/polyester pants... we didn't left that stop us from riding those rides and having tons of fun!


Classic bathroom pic ha! This was before we were 'allowed' to go off base, so during the day we would spend our time hanging out @ the BX {of course we had to be in uniform. thats okay, I liked wearing my skirt!}.

So that completes the walk down memory lane for right now. I still more photos to weed through and laugh at. I know everything now a days is mostly digital, even photos... but sometimes it's fun to feel an actual photograph between your fingers and just stare at it. The memories flood back. It's a great feeling :)

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

OH and on a completely different note... What is YOUR stance on Christmas decorations before Thanksgiving?? Our neighbors were outside yesterday {yes im nosy} putting up their Christmas lights and I thought 'Oh their just getting them ready now so they don't have to do them later on... makes sense', however then they brought out the insanely large inflatable snowman, penguin, plastic santa on the roof and plastic candle stick looking things AND they kept them on all night last night... {well maybe not all night, but you know what I mean}. To each their own I guess...

No comments:

I enjoy reading all of your lovely comments! :)