November 17, 2011

im such an air head!

Just when things start looking up something comes along and just has to kick me right in the ass. in the form of a really annoying sinus infection.

seriously. annoying.

Just as I was getting back on track and back into my 'old' routine from returning to my regular office the swelling slowly starts to creep up. As I drove home and felt the need to clear the back of my throat, that's when I knew. I whined a little, cursed a bit {out of Jaydens hearing range of course} and maybe even shed a tear.... I knew that feeling all to well from last year and I so desperately pleaded with my immune system in hopes that it would drop kick it's butt before it even had a chance.

it didn't work.

it hit me hard. like a bowling ball to the chest. er... should I say throat cause man oh man. It was like edward scissor hands was trying to escape violently out of my esophagus. it was bad. very baaaaad. then came the cough. this was by far the worst cough known to man kind. I should have contacted the world records because I was sure I would have everyone beat.

it was becoming so increasingly annoying that I even timed the intervals between one cough and the next. 44 seconds was the average followed by two extremely loud and scratchy coughs... and another 44-50seconds to which point I could breath a little, maybe sneeze and slowly try to swallow, as carefully as possible without disturbing edward to to much.

AND while all this is happening. its happening to Josh as well. we were all sick. ugh.

I threatened it with an eviction notice and surprisingly it listened. all thats left now is a bit of air in my head {haha air head} and of course I can't breath but by God I can swallow and it doesn't hurt and even better!? - That stupid cough every 44 seconds is finally gone, sweet heavens it is gone!

So. thats where I have been, or why I have been M.I.A. Between dragging myself to work and back home {literally} ive been sleeping or I should say trying to sleep and eating cough drops like it's going out of style.

If one good thing can come out of this {which in the literal sense, I really think thats close to impossible} its the fact that we got the funk before the busy holidays because remember. we are having not one, but two thanksgivings this year and how much would it suck to be sick during all that!? {last year I was sick on Christmas eve and Christmas day... not cool, not cool at all}.

but im back now and i have a lot of catching up to do in blogland! How have you all been?

No comments:

I enjoy reading all of your lovely comments! :)