I am a dummy though. After getting everything together, organized and set yesterday, I realized I took NO photos of the food {other then the super yummy dessert} and or the TURKEY!
But not to fret, because we will be having more turkey tomorrow when family arrives {im so full ...still... right now, I would almost pay to not have to eat anymore turkey}.
Yesterday overall was a success. Josh made a center 'leaf' for the table since it didn't come with one when we bought it {antique/used}. I sanded it a bit and used the dark stain we had but the color was still off so for the longest time I was trying to think of what to use exactly... to cover the table.
{im not one for tablecloths}
Then I remembered I had about 5-6yrds of fabric in my car that had been in there since August. I bought the fabric at Old Time Pottery with the intent to make some Autumn pillows {ya you saw how that went}... It matched perfectly and was large enough to cover the entire table. I didn't sew the edges or anything because I plan to use the fabric so I just trimmed along the edge to make it nice and neat and presto - instant tablecloth.
For the 'centerpiece' i just threw in a bunch of candle holders of different shapes and sizes and the larger ones I filled with acorns from the yard and stuck little glass candle holders in the tops of them.
My fancy chine isn't really all that fancy at all. We just used our 'daily' dishes and silverware. I had some cotton/cheesecloth fabric stashed away and created 'cloth napkins' out of them instead of the standard flower and butterfly printed napkin.
Over on the buffet table I created a 'menu' which I think was my fav. part of it all. And notice my vintage salt and pepper shakers? Yep. Scored those at the indoor fleamarket for $1.00!
The drink station {also known as the pantry}. That Jack bottle was empty by the end of the day thanks to Josh and friend. Jack is not my friend... we have bad history.
Since tomorrow is our '2nd' meal.. I might change things up a bit and or spruce things up a bit. Yesterday we only had another couple over with their 2yr old daughter, but tomorrow we are having 5 adults and 4 kids so I really need to be on top of my game!
And remember the 'Chocolate peanut butter torte' I posted the other day on my menu post?
Well it was fantastic! Like seriously. Melt in your mouth peanut buttery chocolate goodness kind of fantastic.
It was so good I probly could have just ate {that} as my entire meal and would have been perfectly content.
AND
I curled my hair yesterday. I know. I can't believe it myself but I dug out the ol' curling iron, dusted it off, turned it on and got to curling. I loved it.
I felt like one of those Pinterest girls with flowing curly hair. Ah. It was glorious.
Did you all have a great Thanksgiving?? Better yet did you get in on the Black Friday madness? I did not. I never do. I don't get many days off from work so my happy butt stayed in bed, curled up, all nice and warm :0)
No comments:
I enjoy reading all of your lovely comments! :)