November 27, 2011

Christmas lists

Have any of you created christmas lists? Josh and I normally don't make christmas lists and just kind of go off of the things each of us like or the whole 'surprise me' type of deal.

This year however we decided to create lists. Our lists aren't so much things we want specifically for christmas but rather things we each have had our eyes on for awhile and have never gotten around to getting.

It's been a long time since ive created a christmas list and boy was it hard. I don't normally buy things for myself so to sit down and create a list of things for someone else to buy me was even harder. Josh and I agreed to only spend a certain amount on each other but to just throw everything on the list we've always had our 'eye on' so that way we had more to go by.


My list looks pretty pricey. Kind of makes me self absorbed no? Nah, the things towards the top I have been wanting a loooong time. A new laptop being one of them, but they are pretty pricey so I told Josh, that can be something we can both invest in {and both use}. A new MP3 player is a big one. Right now ive been using my phone and I don't typically like to use my phone for music, that and the fact I like small MP3 players. Light weight and easy to handle. Following that... new running shoes {thats a given}.

A new Nikon lens, lens filters, external flash and Lightroom have also been on my list for awhile {although I keep flip flopping between lenses}.

A writing/drawing tablet for my computer {surprisingly those are reasonably priced}. A new wool coat and a new scarf. I only own one scarf. I should say owned because I can't find it {hence why a new one is on my list}. I loved my old scarf too. It was a light icy blue color and it was knitted. I had it for 10yrs and super bummed I can't find it :-(

A fun colorful robe because I don't own any type of robe. Some new art/drawing supplies, 'Heavenly' by V.S {love that scent}, candles {holiday and tropical scents}, one of those cool mugs from starbucks that you can write on and lastly.. {and Josh thinks im weird for wanting these} some fun/colorful silverware from Target.

I also added on there gift cards to my fav. stores, cookbooks/photography books. CD's {Yanni, Chris Spheeris, David Arkenstone, Kitaro, and Josh Grobin}. New bakeware, stainless steel measuring spoons, picture frames... tried to give him a variety since a lot of my all time wish list items are to pricey.

We shall see. When it all comes down to it I just want everyone to be happy and healthy and have a great christmas morning {seriously. watching J open gifts is the greatest thing in the entire world!}.

How about you. Do you make lists for christmas, or do you have a 'year round' type of list of things you have always wanted, just never got around to getting?



And guess what WE did today!? 


Stay tuned.

:0)


No comments:

I enjoy reading all of your lovely comments! :)