October 2, 2011

Yay for October!

this post is going to be filled with lots of orange. maybe to much orange... nah. you can never have to much orange right? Tis the season for orange I say!

we decided to get some pumpkins this weekend. I wanted to get some sooner but at the same time the little voice in my head kept telling me to wait until *October* to get a pumpkin. it almost didn't feel right to get a pumpkin in september so... now that we are officially in october. although I am seriously trying to wrap my brain around the fact that September is over and it went by really super fast. im glad it's over.

it was a bad month :(


anywho, we got ourselves 3 pumpkins. 1 for me. 1 for J and 1 for Josh.


first up was cutting around the top.


then getting into the actual body of the pumpkin.


yum. pumpkin guts.


I didnt get any photos of the 'work in progress' because I was seriously involved with my own pumpkin. 

Jaydens is on the bottom step. the spider. Mine is in the middle and Josh's is at the top.


i thought it was a little funny that the stencil for Joshs pumpkin was called 'slap face'. 

{for real}


Jayden loved the pumpkins.

and Lola especially loved eating all of the pumpkin remnants {insert eye roll}.


and another thing that is extremely joyous right now is the sight of a can of pumpkin. the first one of the season.

I may just have to share the recipe tomorrow with you all :)

No comments:

I enjoy reading all of your lovely comments! :)