so im hoping that maybe after I shower you with some weekend pics then I will be motivated to get off my butt by the time I hit the publish post button.
yesterday we discovered this nature trail/park about 15-20mins from where we live. since it was free and it was something to do we knew we couldn't pass it up.
its was a perfect day too. a bit hot, but overall there were great big puffy clouds in the sky so every 1-2mins. they would graze themselves over the sun giving us a bit of shade which felt really nice.
we really don't know much about this trail yet or even how long it is {we didn't go the whole way through} but it seemed fairly new and they had some signs along the railing every so often with types of trees and animals.
there was a creek running along side the trail and about every .25 miles there would be a large dock with a ladder going into the water. the trail wasn't all that crowded but every so often there would be some people on some of the docks, swimming in the creek.... and oddly enough the creek water looked really nice.
it was very peaceful and very quiet. quiet in the sense that all you could hear were the sounds of nature. the birds, the breeze, the bugs and every so often you might hear the sound of the creek, trickling it's way along.
peacefully.
I don't like spiders but couldn't pass up this photo op. on this little bugger. im not sure what kind it was and frankly i don't really want to know what kind it is, but it was pretty cool looking.
after about 20mins. of walking we decided to turn around since lunch was way over due.
we went to a really great mexican restaurant right down the road from the trail.
salsa.
yuummmm. I could seriously eat this stuff with a spoon.
I know. im weird like that.
I got the yummy chicken tacos.
J got the chicken tenders which he didn't eat. didn't surprise me either. he never seems to eat his food when we go somewhere to eat. do any of you that have 3yr olds have that problem? its drives me batty.
so that has been our weekend thus far. we plan to go back to the park again but will be a little more prepared as far as wearing the right clothing {walking in hot weather in jeans is not fun} and of course making sure we go to lunch before hand.
and because I haven't posted a picture of me and my little guy in awhile....
alright.
I think im ready to go clean this house now. I feel as though it can be put into those febreeze commercials where the people walk into the rooms with the blindfolds on. rubbing themselves and sniffing all up on some nastiness.
okay. my house might not be that ratty but its real life right now .... about 2 weeks worth of keepin it real.
:0)
No comments:
I enjoy reading all of your lovely comments! :)