September 20, 2011

Autumn art - c/o 3yr old

I think my love of color and painting was passed on to Jayden. he loves to draw, paint and color and the facial expressions he makes while doing so are priceless. it's like he is in deep thought. hard concentration paying extra attention to every line and curve.


today we were on the hunt for some acorns and leaves.


thomas the train pajama pants - check

shoes - check

no shirt - check



just when I thought it was starting to cool off, heavy rains dragged some left over humidity right back in. lets hope come tomorrow morning it's gone again {and for good}.



so we had our acorns. next we needed to scour the yard for some cool looking leaves.






now that we had everything we needed and lola sniffed just about every inch of the yard once over, again for the 1637836484 time... we were ready to head back inside and work on our art project.


I gathered some craft paint in various autumn-ish colors.


and then came the fun part. dipping the bottom parts of the acorns into some colorful autumn paint.


J's came out far better then the one I did {the one on the left... ha!}


while the acorns were drying we worked on the leaves. painting one side and then 'stamping' them down on a canvas.


then taking some acorns shells that snuck into our acorn bowl, we stamped little circles throughout the canvas.



and now we have some fun 3yr old autumn canvas art!

J totally did all this.. well I created the 'brush strokes' around all the leaves to make them stand out more and added a few circles with an acorn shell, but everything else is all him.

this was a simple fun little fall project to work on with him and since we both love color and paint, it made it that much more fun!


we have two large cork boards in the office and as you can see I like to hang up a lot of the art he makes at 'school'.

I love looking at all his little works of art and all of his creations. its like seeing his personality out on paper in fun and various colors and shapes. once the leave art dries we will be adding it to his little 'picasso wall' :)

{as for the acorns... their still drying. stick around to see what we make with them}.

No comments:

I enjoy reading all of your lovely comments! :)