September 18, 2011

Fall favorites and other randoms

if its one thing I love about this time of year, aka - fall, its the smells. the smells of food, the air, the leaves, candles and any other kind of thing that can be transformed into the smell of a pumpkin or crisp apple.

it really goes without saying that fall is by far my most favorite season. its also a reminder of the holidays quickly creeping up upon us and I will say without a doubt I am nothing short of super excited.


bath and body works has their fall collection out right now and i made sure to make a quick trip through there on my lunch break this past week.


I was able to make it to the store without being interrogated by the dead sea spa ladies trying to sell their hand creams.

{um thanks but no thanks... really}


their candles are dreamy. this creamy pumpkin really smells like how it sounds. very rich and creamy with a splash of pumpkin.


this one smells like a sweet scented pumpkin patch. its like pumpkin overload with a dash of sugar.

right now this candle is burning in my craft room. I love the smell of scented pumpkin in my craft room when im sewing on projects. its very relaxing and comforting.


I added some white christmas lights to the craft room this weekend. I have always love christmas lights. I remember when I was a kid I would string them around my room. add that to my scented pumpkin candle and I am in comfort overload.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••


We spend a lot of time outside this time of year. towards the end of the day when the sun is going down. its cooler and the humidity is down to about 2% so everything is wonderful.


you know its fall when the mums start to come out!


simple little changes in the most smallest of plants.


the trees have a calming essence to them. like they just know its time. and after the intense heat we had this summer... I think they are more then ready.





running around, playing and just having a great time.



if lola could talk she would for sure tell me how much she enjoys this time of year too. especially in the morning when the sun is shining. it's not to hot but just right to where she will lay right in the suns rays and nap for a good while.

what a life.

what a life indeed.... and with life is nature....beautiful and free -this time of year she really shows us every aspect of what life is really all about. ♥

Hope you had a fantastic weekend!

No comments:

I enjoy reading all of your lovely comments! :)