September 14, 2011

Autumn changes and G-Pa gets a webcam, holla!

I know I have been away far to long {what, about a week?}. Its been so stressful at work for the past two weeks that im surprised I even survived. and when I say stress I don't mean the workload, but coworkers. The dust is starting to dwindle and I can slowly start to see the sun again. my stress level is lowering and im slowly getting back into my groove because no one likes a Kasey whose not groovy.

Speaking of groovy. today is Joshs Birthday. The big one. The one where I will continually hear how 'old' he is. the big '31'. I bet you thought I was going to go all even number on you but instead I went all odd number on you.

because im groooovy like that.

Its slowly starting to look like fall around. inside and out. the temp is still in the low 90's but that humidity {ugh} is finally getting the ol' heave ho outta here which makes a big difference. Last week it dropped to the low 60's at night and since then the leaves had started to crinkle, the pool is cold {seriously} and my plants are breathing a sigh of relief.


ive started collecting some of these pine cone looking things from the two very large pines in the back yard. I have a few ideas for them but for right now they have been sitting outside on the patio table. waiting patiently.


some dried out limbs and sticks from the intense summer heat have also been starting to fall from the trees. I am slowly but surely making J a small little 'hut' for him to play in.

its fun. I used to make them when I was a kid. ah, the memories.


slowly the leaves are feeling the effects of the 'cooler' nights and less humid days.


some turn a dark red and fall and others just crinkle, dry out and fall to the ground.


the sun this time of year also is very reminiscent of fall. the way the sun sets and the way the rays of the sun hit the yard. even the smallest changes in angles of light remind me that fall is here and summer is leaving gracefully.


now that the late afternoons are cooler we have more fun running around outside. the air smells clean and we can actually breath it in without our noses swelling up with intense humidity.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

The outside hasn't been the only thing changing. the inside as well has slowly been changing. I have been making progress with creating a little more 'fall' feel around this shin-dig.


with the same technique I used to make the scrapbook paper bunting around J's room re-do, I made a bunting for the dining room. a small one using some scrapbook papers from my Autumn book that I bought last year.


another change and this might not really be a 'fall decor' type of change but I figured since it is in fact a small change that I would just add it into the post. 



new knobs for the table I moved into the entryway. yea buddy!
 
I bought them at Hobby Lobby for 50% off each knob. I couldnt pass up that offer. the only hard part was choosing which ones to pick. in the end I went with a colorful floral knob for the top drawer {ceramic flared knob - bella moda} and a yellow plain knob for the two doors at the bottom {ceramic flat & round knob in yellow}.
Love them.

...and you know it's fall when starbucks brings out the pumpkin spice lattes. Yesssssss.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

and grandpa gets a webcam.

 
I cant stop watching it. this little lovely couple has made my day complete. ♥
 
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

 A big congrats to Rachel for winning one of my custom made iphone pouches and to Billy for winning one of my custom made camera lens pouch and camera strap cover in the giveaway over at lisa d Photography! If your reading this, I received your email addresses today and your items will be going out tomorrow! 

:0)

No comments:

I enjoy reading all of your lovely comments! :)