I was born in Massachusetts and there I lived with my mother, father, sister, dog and 4 horses.
If it's one thing I miss most, it's riding. Boy do I miss it. Even more I miss riding at the Farm. Gosh was it pretty there, especially in the Fall! That's the trainer you see in the photo. I can't remember his name, it's been to long but he was from England and he was touuuugh but boy was he a good trainer!
Shortly after I left that small little rural New England town.. The only place I have ever known with the only people I have ever known. I was on a journey. The start of my new life, all by myself. It was exhilarating. Liberating. I was anxious and ready.
Okay, it wasn't the Marines, but it was the Air Force. After some weeks of training, getting yelled at, dropping and giving 1000000000000 push-ups and running at the ass-crack of dawn until I couldn't feel my legs anymore.
Zing! My friend made two french braids down the side of my hair. I think that was a mistake. Between the cap [we have nicknames for those caps but out of respect I will refrain from saying what it was lol] and my big head, makes me look like a Bobble head. har har har.
My travels and training brought me to Florida where I was stationed with the 1st Special Ops.
Then I met this handsome devil.
A couple years passed. We never had a big wedding, we have lived pretty simple thus far.
Then I started to gain weight. It was weird, over the course of 9 months my belly had gotten to the size of 3 watermelons. I think it was to much brownies and vanilla ice cream .....every night.......
Oh look. That wasn't weight gain. Silly me. Jayden was born on February 21, 2008 @ 5:30PM. Weighing in at 8lb-15oz [see to many brownies] and 21.5 inches long via emergency c-section after 18hrs of labor.
Boy has time flown by. I don't think that it's necessarily flown right by, but we have experienced so much in a short time it seems like. Makes life exciting right?
So where are we now?
Well Josh and I are now veterans. We left the military [yay, no more deployments]. I work as a Government Contractor. Not the 'construction' type contractor, but more of a general term 'contractor'. You'd be surprised how many people think I frame walls and bang nails into wood when I say 'Government Contractor'. Just about as much as the people who asked me what plane I flew in the Air Force. Between you and I, and this is our little secret - I flew an F-15 ;)
Josh has also gone on to be a Government Contractor. We both have stable hours, more freedom and we are home every night without the fear of having to be called into work at any minutes notice.
*************************
I don't like being in photos. I hate my nose and when I take a photo it's the first thing I see it sticks out [no pun intended] like a soar thumb]. I'm like Gonzo, for real.
Many people have asked what kind of camera I have. I have a Nikon D40. It's one of the older model Nikons. Okay, not thaaaat old, but they don't make that model anymore. I have thought about upgrading but I become attached to my inanimate objects and always live by the 'If it aint broke, don't fix it'. It works just fine, just as good as it did when I first got it, so it's here to stay. I have the 55mm lens and the 200mm lens. I did have a tripod but Jayden's inner monkey came out one day and he decided to use it as a jungle gym. needless to say it now resides at the local dump. I always shoot in manual mode and hate flash. I only use flash if I get annoyed with the constant setting changes and im trying to take a ton of photos in a short period of time. I haven't mastered not having to do that yet.
I workout at the gym 4-5 days a week. It was a chore at first but now it's habit. If I go without working out for more then 2 days then I feel like goo. I guess if im going to have a habit, it mine as well be the gym right?
I am obsessed with watching Real Housewives of New Jersey. I don't like any of the other ones, but New Jersey fascinates me, however I despise Jersey Shore and just the sound of those kids making any kind of noise annoys the crap out of me.
I love to cook but hate the mess it creates. I'm slowly coming to the point of not caring as much. If it means making a delicious meal then the dishes can sit in the sink and wait.
I have 13 tattoos. Yep, 13. No more though. I think im inked out.
My car recently went over 100000. I would be lying if I said I didn't get a little teary eyed when I saw that digital display hit '100000'. Everyone tells me it's time to get a new car. UM no. I love my car and im going to run it as long as it lets me [hello... if it ain't broke don't fix it].
My house gets messy. A lot. I hate the mess but at the same time I would rather sit on the sofa and watch my Real Housewives of New Jersey, ha! No for real, it's an unwinnable [is that even a word?] battle. Whatever.
I love to craft. I don't scrapbook though. Could never really get into it. I do love scrapbook paper though. I love to sew, paint things, draw things... pretty much anything that I can make, im all over it.
That's pretty much me in a nut shell. I know, boring right? I'm a pretty laid back kind of person. Even though im still young [26] I would rather have family time and spend some quality time with my sewing machine then go out and 'party'. I never did get into the whole party scene. Don't get me wrong though, when I turned 21 I got some good times out of my system, maybe a little to many mornings of waking up with massive hangovers, but all in all that stage of my life is behind me. I hardly even drink now and when I do [IF I do] it's wine and when I do have me some wine. It's comical. I'm a lightweight so ya. You can imagine.
I hope you enjoyed reading through some of my story. It's about all I have right about now. I enjoy my life and my family and every morning we wake up and feel the sunshine our face I smile and thank my lucky stars. It really is a beautiful life :)





I love this post. You look so darn tough in your military photos. And I am totally the same way about cooking. I'd much prefer to make something in the crock pot so my kitchen doesn't need to be cleaned afterwards. That's also why I rarely bake. ;)
ReplyDeleteI have pretty much been reading since day 1. Not the best at commenting, but it was great to hear more about you!
ReplyDeleteThis is a very sweet post. And your little guy is so cute! Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! I'm your newest follower! xo, Reannah
ReplyDelete