The worse part? It's only 8:53 and my eyeballs hear my bed calling my name and they have took it upon themselves to dry up like shriveled prunes until I give in, hit the hay and get the much needed shut eye. Does this mean im getting old? Am I hitting a mid lifer or something?
But! [theres always a but right?]
I have to talk to you about my entryway. because entryways are just super fun to talk about.
Small. boring. plain. blah. We don't use our front door at all. We use the side door [garage] and back door. The only time we might use the front door is when the pizza delivery boy comes or someone is trying to force, oh I mean sell me a magazine subscription.
Oh look. It's the little buffet table we had in the dining room. I guess it was safe to assume that since I showed you all my newly stained dresser which I moved into the dining room, that it didn't really take a rocket scientist to figure out that the buffet that was in there was moved elsewhere in the house and that conveniently I had an entryway-update post a few days there after.
see. I told you I was tired. Im rambling.
At first I was going to throw it up on craigslist and be done with it but I gave it one last chance to prove itself to me in the form of fitting in the entry/hallway without being to overly big and dramatic.
It proved me wrong. so it stayed. and I like it.
I picked some greenery from a crazy-fast growing bush in the backyard and stuck them in my chunky glass vase. Seriously. that vase weighs about 10lbs. I do curls with it when no ones looking.
Next to that is my little
I threw my life teachings book and Eat Pray Love for the heck of it. and because they have pretty colors. I then topped it off with my vintage burnt orange glass jar.
The lamp you might recognize. It was in the master bedroom but since I don't have another lamp readily available and the fact we never used it in the MB anyways, I decided to put it on the new hall table. It needs a new lamp shade though. The current one is so 1993.
Before [booooooo]
After [yaaaay]
I will be changing stuff around here for a little bit until I get it all exactly the way I want. Until then this is what it looks like now and it's so much better then the emptiness it was before.
I'm not sure why but the one thing im most looking forward to is setting a bowl of Halloween candy on this table on Halloween. I know. totally random but that's what I was most excited about.
Don't forget. All week is blog week here at little Brick House.
Come back on Friday for my very first ultimate giveaway for your chance to win a custom item from my very own Etsy shop [more details coming soon].






No comments:
I enjoy reading all of your lovely comments! :)