...sounds like a TV show doesn't it?
Okay I can't hold out any longer. That and ive been working on projects all day that it's just time to unwind and what better way to unwind then to write a blog post, also helps pass the time especially when the wait time for pizza delivery is 95mins.
So this weekend we were on the hunt for some items. If you saw my quick post yesterday with my little 'teaser' then im pretty sure you can bet your bottom dollar that we are in fact working on Jaydens room. So with that being said, we were on the hunt for some items.
1. A twin size bed. I feel as though our little guy has done so well with his toddler bed that we feel safe with upgrading him to an actual twin size bed. Granted he is only 3.5 but I think he will enjoy the extra room, shoot, I know I would!
2. Night stand. Right now, other then his dresser and toy box, there really aren't any other permanent pieces of storage type furnture in his room. I think a night stand will fit perfectly next to his new BIG boy bed.
3. Anything else that catches my eye [I don't think I have to explain hehe].
So we found the dresser. It was $15.00 and it's just perfect for the room. It's chunky and very solid which is also perfect for a kid.Of course up until today [bought this on Friday], Jayden was using it as a 'car'. Don't ask me but whatever works right? In it's current state it is in a lovely shade of...............................
stay tuned.
We also found this solid [and can we say heavy] twin size bed frame for $23.00. The rails also came with it, which are also made of solid wood. It reminds me of camping, doesn't it? It just has that camping feel to it.... And another reason it caught my eye was because I had a bed just like this when I was a kid, only difference is that instead of the wood in the middle, mine had spindles. This is also currently drying in a lovely shade of.....
But on friday while searching for a nightstand and a bed frame I came across something that caught my eye like a hawk see's a mouse. I stopped dead in my tracks and admired it's beauty and it potential.
But where would I put it? Oh I could put it there... but no, I don't think it will look right in that spot, but jees-louise. This thing is gorgeous.
I had to have it. I just did. I didn't know [at the time] where I was going to put it, but I just had to have it. The detailing is just so lovely and real wood? Hell yes. What was even better is that this gem was only $35.00. With just a few scratches and a missing handle [in the middle part] it was definitely worth the price.
I will however not be painting it. I already know where im putting it and I just think paint will throw off the entire space, that and also because it's so vintage looking, I want to keep the wood showing... so, im going to painstakingly take the task of sanding this doober down and staining it in a nice dark, rich tone. I cannot wait.
and to add insult to injury I couldn't pass up this little lamp. Actually it's anything but little. It's quite tall. It didn't come with a shade.
But with the beautiful detailing, a nice big drum shade will do just fine seeing as how I only spent $7.00 on it - Booyah!
So that was my thrifty weekend. I really only intended to buy items for Jaydens room redo but like I said, I just could not pass up that dresser. I would have lost sleep just thinking about someone else snatching it up before me when all along it would have looked better in my house anyways ;)
So what have you been up to this weekend? Any thrifting lately? Stay tuned for some project reveals and Jayden's complete bedroom overhaul. I'm so excited to show y'all what we did!
You got some great pieces at even better prices. I'm jealous.
ReplyDeleteOh, I cant wait to see the AFTER.
ReplyDelete