August 9, 2011

Night-stand Reveal

So I am back with a first installment of reveals. The first one was and probly is the easiest out of the bunch. You might have saw my post on Sunday where I showed you my ultimate thrifting finds? Well I decided to work on the little $15.00 nightstand I scored at the Goodwill. I am also working on re-painting the bed frame, so I have been bouncing back and fourth between the two, however the frame is being stubborn and requires multiple coats of paint, where as the little night stand is a little more laid back and only required about 2 good coats and it was done.


Here she was before. I think the thing that really did it for me was the handles on the doors. Just something about them that really stood out to me, and even now I still don't know what it is. Anyways this night stand is pretty solid and has some good junk in the trunk.


Very vintage looking. I'm really loving the whole modern vintage feel right now, so this old/brushed/gold color of the handles, along with the design really lit a fire under my butt and before I knew it the tag was swiped off and I was at that register paying for it like a mad woman.


The inside is in perfect shape. This will be great for some of Jaydens books and coloring supplies. The shelf isn't broken and surprisingly the little knobby-doobers were all still, saves me the trouble of having to rig something up for the shelf to perch on.


And for the color I went with Olympics 'South Pacific' [love the name. Makes me want to go on Vacation]......and I know.... paint on the hinges? No, that's not staying there lol.


I left the handles alone because like I mentioned earlier... Loving the vintage right now. Just gotta have the vintage and against the blue, love it. If they would talk they would say 'Hell yes I am super awesome'.


I still have to clean the paint from the hinges, but other then that this little night stand is ready for Jayden's room. I'm super excited to get it in there but im holding off until we have the bed finished, that way we can kind of just combine everything at once. I'm hoping by this weekend we will have it about 95% done. I still have some paintings to finish for his wall, and some other crafts [involving scrapbook paper.... and lots of it!], I am also thinking of doing something with his rug, but those ideas are still floating around in my head.

Not bad for $15.00 huh.

Stay tuned!


15 comments:

  1. oh my gosh- the color is so similar!!! it looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks amazing! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kasey that turned out fabulous. I LOVE the color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful color--love that hardware!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I love that color!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YES! I love this color. It looks sooo good. Ah, furniture transformations will never cease to make me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a great pop of color! $15 is a sweet deal :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. How great! Inexpensive, and beautiful - two things that are rarely a combination, but you've got them! Hooray!
    I love this color, too. *looks around for things to paint...*

    kudos!
    http://www.spiritedshannon.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the color! Great job. I am having a linky party later this afternoon and would love to have you join it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really great color. Good decision on the handles...they are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It has so much character, and then the color is Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute! I love that blue!

    Luvs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! I love the blue color. I have a pair of night stands I planned on painting black but I'm rethinking that now after seeing yours in blue.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your lovely comments! :)