All hail to the Pinterest.
When searching for 'Pallet wall art' this little do-dad popped up and I was like 'Oh that's neat. I can work with that'.
{Twiddler House}
I took my boards and cut them to different sizes. I didn't want them to be all that even, just off enough to notice it and to give it that little extra umph.
cause we all like some umph on our walls.
I took two smaller strips of wood for the backing part. Marked where I was going to put my screws. Once I had my marks I took a counter sink and pre-drilled my holes. It's better to pre-drill the holes because if you just screw the screws into the wood it will more then likely split and we don't want any splitage.
Can you believe that I had exactly two of these small strips of wood, perfect length and perfect size. no cutting required? Ya, that never happens. {w00t} I think im going to play the powerball now.
I had some stain left over from my dining room dresser redo project so I geared up and put my game face on. Ready to stain the heck out of this thing. only to come to the conclusion it needed just one coat and it was good.
I aint complainin though.
Uneven edges.
The back.
I still have to buy the hardware {hooks} so I can hang it on the wall but I really wanted to show you what I did with some white paint.
Alien looking flowers all the way. Heck yes.
The inspiration was done with a stencil. Maybe I should have gone that route. nah. I like to free hand so I just got my paint brushes and did some doodles in the form of some sort of flowery looking things.
I like it.
It's different. I like different.
I don't like finding the studs in the wall to hang heavy objects up.
*******************************
I have something else I want to share with you but im going to wait for another time because it has absolutely nothing to do with this post but I was amazed when I learned of the answer to this specific question.
Why are Flamingos pink?
No




so pretty! I love the idea!
ReplyDeleteOh that's to cute! Love the idea!
ReplyDelete