Another weekend is coming to a close here at our house and I am so excited to show you what I worked on these past two days. Yesterday we were in Destin because I was on a mission to find my next lens I am currently wanting [AF-S DX 35mm] sadly... Best Buy only carries it online so I will have to order it and pick it up at the store, but thankfully we made that trip out there yesterday because right before we stopped to eat some lunch we headed to Old Time Pottery and lately they have started to sell fabric which I am totally giddy about.
So after we walked around the massive warehouse of a store, I stopped by the table where they have all their fabrics and immediately found the one.
The one as in new curtains for the dining room! Hello!
It's made by Dwell Studio for their 2009 line. After some research I found this fabric in blue, on Amazon, selling for close to $16.00 a yard. Old Time Pottery sells their fabric for $4.99 a yard... all of it. Shapes, colors, sizes, textures.. you name it, it's all $4.99 a yard.
The bunch that I bought came in 5yrds and I paid $24.95 for it... So can I tell you how even more giddy I am?!
Before I had some makeshift white bed sheet turned curtain, hanging in the window. I love me some white curtains however that's what is currently hanging in the living room so I knew for sure I wanted something different for the dining room.
I just love the color and the pattern. This was the only QTY that Old Time Pottery had on their Fabric table so I knew it was my lucky day!
After some much needed time spent with my sewing machine, I finished with full length curtain panels for the dining room.
And because I ran out of white thread and don't currently have any yellow, I sewed them using a light blue thread and oddly enough it's almost an exact match to the wall color.
I really like how they turned out and love even more how well they go in the dining room.
I never would have thought I was going to make some new curtains for the dining room this weekend. I knew it was one of the things on the list for the [dining room] but it was one of those 'i'll get to it when I get to it' type deals. I for sure thought I was going to get a new area rug for this room before curtains but hey... I'm not complainin'.
I love how spontaneous life is. You try and follow a plan and every now and than things just pop out at you when you least expect it and the rest just all falls into place!








soo pretty! :) what a great find at OTP too!
ReplyDeleteWow! Those are just perfect. Great find!
ReplyDeleteSo beautiful! The contrast between the yellow and turquoise is amazing!!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE them! I can't believe that deal, awesome:)
ReplyDeleteThey're beautiful! Love em. x
ReplyDeleteThey are beautiful. I love the yellow, of course. Great price, too.
ReplyDeleteGreat job on the curtains! Love the fabric - they look great with the paint color.
ReplyDeleteI didn't know that OTP carried fabric. We dont' have one here, but there's one where I went to school and I was obsessed with it. Love the fabric you chose. It's perfect with the blue walls. Love love love.
ReplyDelete100 percent gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteGreat job with the curtains! Man, that was a steal on that fabric- it's adorable! Maybe you'll have enough left over for a throw pillow?! : )
ReplyDeleteGorgeous! Great deal and beautiful fabric!
ReplyDeleteI love that fabric!
ReplyDelete