Ever since I was old enough to walk, I have lived around Horses. We had a small farm and at most had 4-5 horses. My mother, sister and myself all rode the horses and loved them like they were our own flesh and blood. They were beautiful and the gentlest creatures I have ever faced while on this Earth. I began riding horses when I was about 5yrs old. My mother always rode Western but my sister and I went the English route and started to get into competition/shows/events and jumping with the occasional trail rides on the weekends. My first pony was a little black mare with a white star on her head. Her name was Penny... she was a spunky little thing! Than it was Nikki.... she was such a hoot and such a homebody! She seriously just liked to hang out in her own fields instead of wandering through the woods with the rest of the horses lol. Next up was Jade. He was an Appaloosa and his markings were just gorgeous. He was literally my best friend. Everyday I would come home from school and run right out to the barn just to spend time with him. I would just lay there in the fields with him and whenever I looked him in the eyes he looked back at me with such warmth and love... He was so precious and he will always hold a special place in my heart... ALL of them will.
Richard Couto started A.R.M [Animal Recovery Mission] to fight illegal horse slaughtering. He was the main focus on this documentary I was watching tonight, where he goes undercover, in the middle of the night, to capture evidence of illegal slaughter farms to get them shut down. As of September 2010 there have been 80 illegal farms shut down, 17 cock fighting rings, dog fighting rings and hog dog rodeo operations closed forever. He has done such an outstanding job for these innocent animals that, in the end, are so helpless....
The horse you see pictured in the above photo is what started his fight to shut down illegal slaughter farms. He was working alongside the SPCA at the time and they were doing an undercover operation on a suspected illegal farm and during the investigation they came across a 3yr old colt that was on the brink of death [and ready to be slaughtered]. He was tied to a tree, injured and completely malnourished. They seized the horse and adopted him, and nursed him back to health. His name is Freedom's Fight and they found out [through tattoo under the lip] he was a race horse and was the grandson to Secretariat.
This isn't my plea to make you donate money but this has truly stuck a nerve to me and Horses have and always will hold a special place in my heart and anything I can do to get the word out, im going to do it. These helpless creatures don't deserve this. There are over 150 more illegal slaughter houses left to be shut down. Im going to stick with Richard Couto and only hope he can bring peace to these innocent animals and bring those scum criminals to justice!
Animal Recovery Mission
If you click the link above and check the site out, Before clicking on the photos, be warned... The photos are EXTREMELY graphic.

No comments:
I enjoy reading all of your lovely comments! :)