I'm taking... or I should say *we* are taking a new approach here at our home. A new approach when it comes to food that is. You see before we never ate bad, but we didn't eat all that great either. Of course I have about 30lbs I want to lose. I gained 80lbs when I was pregnant and after I had Jayden I quickly got to work to shed the weight and I did, just under a year. There was always an extra 30lbs I always wanted to lose but since then have just been maintaining my weight. I would workout during the day and than come home and have Pasta for dinner... keeping those habits just made me maintain my weight rather than lose it.
Last week I was talking with my coworker. Her and I used to be in the same Squadron together in the Air Force. We were talking about some people we used to work with when she excitedly asked me if I remembered Lindsay. Long story short, Lindsay used to work with us in the Air Force [when she was still in] and after she got out she wanted to go into the 'fitness world'. We found her and boy has she come a long way.
You can check out Lindsay HERE
She is now a successful Fitness Model and personal trainer. Far cry from the girl we worked along-side while in uniform lol.
Finding someone who is in such great shape and up in coming in the fitness world has made me realize that I need to just get in the game and go after my goals. The goals that have been hanging over my head for the past 2yrs. Everyday as I trek to the gym, sweat myself silly yet not really paying attention to what I was eating.
Here is our fridge before. Not bad, obviously... but not the greatest either. I actually went through and got rid of a lot of junk that we don't need.
Our mission? To eat CLEAN. To consume fruits, veggies, lean meats... and to stay away from all of the processed stuff. To pay more attention to labels and ingredients and if it has typically more than 5 ingredients listed than it can fall under processed.
Eggs, Grape tomatoes, Red peppers, corn, and Greek yogurt are all perfect examples of clean foods.
Lean turkey meats, fresh-whole mozzarella. That fat free cheese can fall under processed but I just bought it about a week and a half ago and it hasn't been opened yet SO... it stays.
Fresh fruits and veggies are now in great abundance in our home. Along with the fridge I also went through our main cabinet. My main weakness is Pasta's. So I went through and took out all of the Pastas with the exception of 2 boxes of whole wheat spaghetti. The rest im going to bring to work and hand out to anyone else that might want them.
So does this mean I will never eat an Oreo cookie again or sip on a Pepsi? [oddly enough I gloated about my precious pepsi's a few posts back ha!]. No it doesn't but for the time being I got my game face on and im just ready to do this. Along with cleaning out our food inventory, im upping my workout schedule. Before I mostly just ran. Not anymore... Starting today I am working out 6 days a week. Alternating between weight training and cardio.
So that was my weekend and what better day to officially start this than on Mother's Day? Don't worry... Josh and I went out to dinner yesterday and I had my last 'pig out' meal before we were to start this. I say we because Josh is also on board with this. :)
---I also want to point out that we buy all of our fruits and veggies locally from the produce market. It is by far a LOT cheaper than buying them in the grocery store. This weekend alone I bought 2 pineapples, green/red peppers, bananas, cucumbers, 2 tubs of strawberries, 2 things of celery and 2 packs of mushrooms for just under $20.00 :)
How about you... Do you eat 'clean'?






Good for you! David and I try to eat "clean" by following the same "lots of ingredients?" rule. Always stick to whole wheat and all natural... and we try not to buy anything out of a box, so snacks, etc. are not prepackaged, but fresh. We hope to stick with it as a lifestyle plan to pass down to our kids. Love you approach and you will love it!
ReplyDeleteMy hubby and I are trying to go "vegetarian." We aren't hard core yet but we're trying to eat mainly veggies and fruits. Best of luck to you!!
ReplyDeleteI love the before and after pic... I would love to raid this fridge! I'm a big greek yogurt fan! Yummm
ReplyDelete