May 9, 2011

I will be gone for a few days... Heck maybe a week

Well just when you start to feel comfortable, the inevitable happens. Today our house was broken into while we were both at work. Thank all the powers above that we were not home. I can't even imagine what it would be like if one of us were home... and with Jayden! Makes me nauseous.

Neither of us have ever been robbed before and I can honestly say it's a very weird feeling. You know how if your standing in a store, let's say in line, and someone comes up behind you but is standing a little to close. Their in your space, in your bubble. You can practically feel them breathing down you neck? That's kind of where we are at right now, but on a much larger scale. I feel very violated. Someone actually came into our home while we were not here and it really just weirds me out.


They came in through the side door and busted the glass out. Unlocked the dead bolt and waltzed right in like they owned the place.


They took our Flat Screen and our Xbox. Oddly enough the surround sound is still there. They also stole all of our DVD's and Games.


Remember this box of organized DVD's and Games I posted about a few months back? I was so proud of this and felt so good about organizing these things... Well they took the entire box. So not only do they have a stash of Movies and Games, they have a very organized stash of movies and games.

Lastly... they took the large Craftsman air compressor that I bought Josh for Christmas. I'm just so angry right now... I am not angry at the fact that some of our things were stolen but at the fact that there are people out there who do this everyday, all over. People who think that THEY have a right to do this. I mean what is honestly going through someones mind when they are doing these things? Better yet, how can they live with themselves KNOWING that they now have goods that were bought from someone elses hard earned money? I just don't get it... I really don't.

So this is my closing statement... I hope that when these trash-brains go to turn the TV on, it completely blows out. I hope that when they go and turn the Xbox on they are greeted with nothing other than the 'Red Ring of Death'... and by that I don't mean some morbid ritual. The Red Ring of Death in Xbox terms means that your Xbox is well... pretty much done. Broken and nothing can be done to fix it unless you happen to send it back to the manufacture... oh but that's right, they have stolen property!

Karma is a Bitch.

13 comments:

  1. How awful!! I'm just glad you all are okay!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's horrible! I'm so glad you guys weren't home and everyone is safe. I can't even imagine how you are feeling. Ugh, I would hate to think of someone in my house. I hope for the Red Ring of Death too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousMay 09, 2011

    That's so terrible! I can't even imagine. But more importantly, thank goodness you guys are safe. Thinking about you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry. I have been robbed before. I know the feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no! I am so so sorry. I am glad you are okay, but that is just terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im so sorry... we were robbed recently too and its so violating. You dont feel comfortable anymore. It will pass. I hope they find who did it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't imagine that feeling. Glad you are okay!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh how scary! Thank goodness you all are safe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Kasey, I am so sorry, that sucks so bad. I am so glad you are safe and sound though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh no! I am so sorry to read this! I'm like you, I would be more pissed about it than sad.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ugh, that's so angering! i'm so sorry this happened to you...really, though, why do they make doors like that? where the punch through-able glass window is right there by the knob, that allows someone to "waltz right in." we have the same door in our kitchen, and the same thing could happen. i really want an alarm system...is that a route you guys are thinking about?

    hopefully these guys will get what they deserve.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so sorry to hear about this! It's a damn shame. I am angry for you! I'm glad you and fam are safe, but I know this must take a big emotional tole on you and yours. You just hang in there and stay tongs just like in your closing statement. This will turn around for you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We were broken into last year, it's a horrible feeling, just knowing someone was in your house!

    Hey maybe that organized box will come in handy in catching the people that did this... if they try to pawn them they may be stupid enough to bring them in to a pawn shop with the box intact! Just a thought!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your lovely comments! :)