April 25, 2011

Keepin' it............. clean

How do you feel about messes? Do you despise them? Do you loooathe them? Or do you merely just shrug them off because for most normal people they really don't tend to get in the way of everyday things. Of course I probly should have elaborated on the word 'mess'.

As for me. I don't like them. I just don't, and no matter how many times I sweep, spray, wipe, wash or fluff no soon after I turn my back I have to do it all over again and with part of my analness I will continue to turn my back, do a complete 360 and go right back to fluffing and spraying all over again for I. dislike. clutter.

The following photos will show you how my house has looked all weekend. It's always these same rooms and since today is Monday and I was home from work, I decided to put my game face on and get down to the nitty gritty.


The Kitchen wasn't all that bad in the before photo but oh... don't let the sleek look of granite deceive you. Splotches, stickiness, random food product... you name it, it's there. After a good cycle of the dishwasher, counters scrubbed, stove top cleaned and anything that could possibly be sprayed and wiped off, was cleaned.


The Living room always gets hit the worse, as it should. This is the main hangout. The shin-dig, the heart of the home... [or is that the Kitchen?]... you get the idea. This room always has toys splattered all over the place. Toys everywhere don't bother me all that much but knowing how many times we walk through here, the thought of dirt getting onto said toys... is what bothers me.


 The Latrine. Since we do not have our Master Bath in full operation at the moment, this is the only other bathroom is the house and it gets used a lot... just ask Josh [ha!]. As you can see I added a fun little shower curtain up in the 'after' photo. I forgot I had bought that on sale awhile back @ Target, intended for something else but seeing as how our other shower curtain needed to be washed, I went ahead and just threw that one up for now.

...Oh and we really don't call our bathroom a 'Latrine' ;)


I should have shown you this photo first seeing as how we were making our way towards the end of the house but the bathroom photo Jayden was coming out [from using the potty, yay!] and when I took the hallway photo he was coming out into the hallway. I know, it really isn't all that big of a deal but I think it's cute.


This room....The before isn't even bad [that's because I organized a lot of his toys this weekend] but this room always puts Toys R Us to shame. Granted I typically don't mind Jayden throwing his toys all over the place but once it starts to get a little chaotic I have to come in and do some damage control. Mainly because I don't want him, for whatever reason, to wake up in the middle of the night, trip and hurt himself from all of the toys on the floor.


Of course once Jayden got word that his room was cleaned and organized he quickly ran in there, assembled himself and got to shouting his battle cry for toy carnage. I can only imagine what that room looks like right this very minute.

So there is my 'mess'. This isn't my attempt at 'keeping it real' because honestly, keeping it real for me is my OCD going into over-drive while I wash dishes, vacuum and wipe of little boogies and hand prints from the living room windows. I can thank good ol' Uncle Sam for my anal personality ;)

15 comments:

  1. I love to see real life pictures like this. Sometimes I look around my house and can't believe that only 2 of us live here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your pain! I do not like mess at all, but I could work a 50 hour work week in the time it takes for me to KEEP it clean. To keep my sanity, during the week, I just concentrate on the main areas juu..st in case I get unexpected company. I go all in on Saturday morning or Friday nights, if I am up to it! I have tried the chart thing with the kids, its awight, but nobody can get it like Momma can!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @jandjhome

    Isn't it weird how things just creep up on you? Like for us... what turned into a towel on the floor, within a day it's practically a full blown pile lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @The Sister Sophisticate

    Same here! I try and keep up with the main areas throughout the week [with both of us working 40+hrs] and than come Saturday it's the 'deep' clean, where I go in full force and clean everything, top to bottom :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clutter gives me panic attacks. I have to have the house picked up before I leave for work or I worry about it ALL DAY LONG. OCD is a serious medical condition! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @DecorandtheDog

    Lol! Same for me, especially being down here in Florida where it's so hot and humid... makes good for the [ahem] 'Palmetto' Bugs [aka roaches... yuck!], so I welcome my OCD-ness with open arms ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really can't stand clutter.. it makes me stressed out. Although right now our house is clutter central. We started Spring Cleaning and then I had to work on grad. school work. I can't wait for all my projects and papers to be over so I can deal with the mess!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cannot handle mess or clutter. They drive me crazy. We live in NM, so two days after dusting I can write my name in the dust...it drives me nut! I just found your blog, I'm excited to follow along.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am just loving how much light your house gets!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Lauren

    Congrats on Grad school! But I hear ya, my last class I took seemed like I had a massive paper to write every other night so my house seriously felt the backlash from it :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. @elizabeth@themustardceiling

    Oh wow, and I thought we had a dust issue. Thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that little boys room! Looks like a fun place! I love these before and after pics. I think It might help motivate me to clean if I did something like this! Thanks for sharing

    http://jennaleelac.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. If my house looked as neat as your "before" photos, I'd be feeling pretty good about now :) Perhaps I need to develop OCD! I think I'll go clean something... :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I totally know what you mean! And do I spy a high chair tray in your sink?? Reminds me of our house! :) I hate how dirty our highchair gets- GRODY!!!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your lovely comments! :)