April 24, 2011

Magical

This weekend was another one of those lazy weekends. Not in sense that we didnt do anything at all, but more in the sense that we just didn't feel like picking up the hammer or the paint brush or rushing to Lowe's for the 11-teenth time to grab just another sample of paint that just might look good in our poorly lit hallway [you should see all the random colors all over the wall]. No, this weekend was about us. Just us and spending some good quality family time together and when it all comes down to it, it's weekends like this that are far more rewarding than the perfect color paint or newly installed piping in the Master Bathroom [but Josh actually got that finished on Friday believe it or not]!


This weekend was about sunshine and feeling the warmth on our skin from long sunny Spring days that are slowly metamorphosing into even longer, warmer, Summer days.


I smile every morning when I am waiting, ready for the sun to wake up. I feel like there is a sense of calm in that span between the darkness and light. Almost as if in that moment we are ready and rejuvenated before the hustle and bustle of a long hard day. Even on my long dark early morning commutes. I drive down the HWY and look to the East. I see glimmers of pink and yellow in the far distance and in those moments I feel as though im the only one on that HWY. Of course even in that moment I am most certainly paying attention in front of me, it just makes that span of time that much more serene, if traffic could ever be serene.


This weekend was about family and the time we spend together. Happiness, smiles, laughing and of course good food on the grill which in our family means well spent quality time, out in the open, fresh air. Just the 3 of us. Catching up after a long hectic work week.


Jayden and I go on Nature adventures right here in our own backyard. His amazement at something as simple as a colony of Ants, working together, fascinates me and brings a smile to my face and reminds me that much more of how important family is to me.




This little boy is magical. He reminds me everyday, without even saying a word, to just relax and enjoy every moment and to relish in the small things. The simple things... Laugh at spilt milk and finger prints on the window.


And that living in Florida really isn't all that bad... It can actually be quite fun... and beautiful.


To not stress about the small stuff. Realizing that drinking a [gasp] Diet Pepsi is not going to instantaniously put 10lbs on my behind. I'm going to sit by the pool and enjoy that cold, sweet, savory beverage for I know come Monday morning, around 8AM, I will be at the gym and you know what? I really enjoy the gym so it works hand in hand.


Summer is right around the corner and this year I am welcoming everyday with open arms. No matter how humid or how dreadfully hot it may be, or even how hectic it may seem. I will be waiting each morning as the sun rises. I will look to the East and take in that deep breath of fresh air as im traveling down 85 and thank for whatever powers may be looking down on us, for another beautiful day.

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful day you had to spend with family! I can sure smell your yummy food on the grill right now! So wish we had warm weather to be out an about in. Your little guy has the best eyes!

    Enjoy your DP! Hell there are worse things out there!

    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you got to spend time with your family! I am sure you had so much fun!
    Your pictures are beautiful!
    Oh! be sure to check out my first giveaway on my blog and enter to win!!
    you have a great rest of your weekend!
    ~Morgan
    http://livelaughspin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post Kasey!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi friend!! I'm a little behind, so bear with me... but umm seriously, these pictures are SO good!!! First of all, your family is beautiful. But also, the quality is incredible! I think I may have asked you before, but what kind of camera do you use? I'm in love!

    Also, hooorayyyyyyyyyyy on master bath updates!! Good for you guys! I'm so glad you are out of the "not fun" part and into the "pretty shiny things" part! :) I love the new shower fixture! Can't wait to see the updates as they come! xo

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your lovely comments! :)