April 21, 2011

Bathroom Bling

Im back with another update on the shower. It might be a minor update but it's progress none the less and progress is what we want when it comes to getting this shower finished.

After my last boring post about the piping, the next step was to buy the shower faucet so Josh could hook the pipes up to the valve. I don't know about you but im all for trying to find the best deal possible and standing there in the isle of endless faucets @ Lowes, I just had that voice in the back of my mind telling me 'look online. Look elsewhere' and in true form I listened to that little voice.

And there she was. Shiny, simple and sleek. I wanted something that wasn't to 'dressy' in the sense that when we are looking for a new fixture for above the sink, it will broaden our options as far as style and it all blending together.

And no I most certainly did not pay $147 dollars plus 85 cents for that simple shower faucet [which BTW, was just for the trim, that's not including the valve].


Can you believe something like this costs close to 50 bucks? Okay... maybe you can but I can't and I certainly couldn't swallow spending $42 buckeroos on a vaaaaaaaallllveeee [you have to say it with that drawn out boring voice].

And so I was on a hunt. A hunt for the shower fixture we decided on yet did not want to pay almost 200.00 for [for the faucet and the valve]. After about an hour of searching the best deals between site A and site B and so on... I finally ended up with site Z being the best of the best as in I scored us that Delta Faucet for $66.21 and the valve for $26.93. And the fact that they had free shipping was just icing on the cake.

ZING! Total spent for the complete Delta Faucet trim and valve - $93.15. I love Lowe's, I really do but I couldn't see spending over 100.00 on a faucet trim and than an extra 30-40 for a valve. Since I had budgeted roughly $200.00 for a faucet and valve [I always over budget money so I know im 'safe'], that extra 100.00 went right into savings!


2 days later look what was at our front door when we came home from work.


Our bling-blingidy-bling was here and now this weekend we should officially have all of the plumbing hooked up in the shower which means........................... we can finally move forward with getting the walls up, finishing the floor and tiling! :)

[In case your wondering, we ordered our faucet and valve from efaucets.com. This entire post is all about my own personal experience and opinion. Efaucets has not contacted us in any way to try and get us to 'review' a product. We just like a good deal and good customer service :) ]

4 comments:

  1. How exciting. Progress in the bathroom. That's always good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so nice and shiny! we have the same one in the brushed chrome finish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo, I like!!

    We usually wait until the last minute to pick things out so we're stuck at Lowe's. Way to plan ahead!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your lovely comments! :)