March 27, 2011

Fit for a King

The other day you might remember when I posted about Dining room inspiration and how I had gone on a quick lunch break trip to TJMaxx and bought a large green-orange pot and a quatrefoil orange print frame. Well this weekend after some spring cleaning I started to think more and more about the dining room. Right now the paint that is up on the walls is Valspar's Montpelier White, which is a really like color with a very tad hint of blue in it... but in the end, if you look real fast, it looks like plain white. I knew it wouldn't be a permanent color but because when we bought the house every single room was painted the same exact color and it was a rich yellow-y beige [yuck]. I guess I was over the yellow tinge and was bursting at the seems for something that was a bit cooler.

Now that we have been here for a little over a year now, I am really starting to focus more on color and today while Josh was working on the shower [weeeee], I was thinking about wall color for the dining room.


You might also remember in that inspiration post, I posted this color. Well I saw the sample today at Lowes and it looks more green than blue in person. Since I was focusing on something more blue-y than Green, I checked out the other colors near by.


And found this beauty. Kingston Aqua. It's a very nice soft blue and I grabbed a few orange and green swatches to kind of pair it against the blue and they match wonderfully.


Doesn't it just makes you want to eat a large bowl of fruit salad?! That will be great for my 'diet' ha!


So here is the dining room before.


There is the Panty... which I also plan to paint the inside with the Kingston Aqua also. [after reading this sentence... this is why it's important to carefully read over your blog posts. However this is comical and so im leaving it as is ;) ]


And my Kingston Aqua ready to go!

Now I just need to get Josh to go out to the Shed and get me the paint rollers... It's being over-run with Carpenters bee's right now and im scared to death of them things!

Stay tuned for the Afters!!

9 comments:

  1. i love that color! i can't wait to see the after pictures it's going to be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish my "pantry" looked half as fabulous as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's going to look great. I love your color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHA - love the 'panty'!

    And the color, of course. But you know that I love aqua!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooooh! I love that color! I can't wait to see how it looks on the walls.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That color looks beautiful. Hope you get the rollers soon -- can't wait to see how it looks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hop on over to my blog, you've got a Stlyish Blogger award!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty pretty pretty! Can't wait to see it finished. I love how paint transforms a room so much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait to see how it looks!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your lovely comments! :)