March 16, 2011

Disney Bound!

But not in the way you think and oddly enough we live in Florida so 'Disney Bound' seems a little far fetched. Anyways im hitting the pause button on my normal 'blog' routine to talk to you about something that's near and dear to me. This girl isn't just made up of DIY'ing, decorating and painting. No... this girl is also made up of endurance [well, at least I tell myself that ha!].

You see I looooove to Run. Seriously. I honestly think it's amazing that we were created with the ability to run. The muscles, the heart, the entire body.. it's just amazing, and because of that amazingness I love it. Of course I do have my days where I force myself to tie up my Asics as I grumble and look at my sofa longingly and the bag of chips on the counter as a tear rolls down my eye... Okay maybe not that bad but I do have my days. However once I get past that first mile im golden and I fall into my own element. Running for me is so theraputic. It brings me to a place where it's just... me... Plain and simple. All of the stresses of the day, all of my worries wash out with the sweat that pours down my face [nice visual huh?]. When im done I feel refreshed. Soar... but man oh man, that feeling of running a good run is like no other.

So with that said, after talking it over last night with Josh, I have decided that I want to run the Disney Marathon in 2012.

My goal isn't so much about time. My goal for the Marathon is to be able to complete the 26.2 miles without stopping. This will be a major accomplishment for me. Thinking back to my childhood, I was never on the track team, never on any team... I was lazy and couldn't even run the 600yd dash in middle school without stopping way less than halfway through. Now that I am a runner I want to prove to myself that I can do this... I will do this.

Right now I'm not doing any sort of formal 'training'. Seeing as how I also want to lose a few lbs by Summer, I do other workouts in the gym as well. Typically though, on a day were I do weight training, I 'warm' up with a 3 mile run. On my 'long run' days [where I just run and that's it] I will usually do between 6-8 miles. Since my only time to do this is on my lunch break from work, I only have an hour... so depending on the 'mood' im in some days I can get more miles in within that hour, where as other days im sloppy. Monday I got a good 7 mile run in 68mins. I'm gonna do this!

So... Anyone else out there a Runner? Want to run? Anyone want to join me for the Marathon?? :-D

7 comments:

  1. Yes you can do this! Marathons are a different animal. My advice is to make sure not to start out too fast. I would totally run this one if I lived closer and also I am hoping to be pg with #2 soon. Let me know if you have questions about training :)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can totally do it. My sister did it 2 years ago and we were there to cheer her on. She said it was pretty amazing and imagine Disney marathon style. There were surprises all throughout the run. Characters, pirate ships, you name it. Just train, a lot, my sister tore her knee up and had to walk the 2nd half. She was pretty banged up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! That will be awesome! And you will feel so accomplished after you finish it! You go girl!
    ~Morgan
    http://livelaughspin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The biggest race I've done is a 5K but my husband did his first marathon last year in about 4.5 hours. He does triathalons and decided he wanted to challenge himself for fun. Good luck with your training! If you need any tips I can ask my hubby for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cool! I'm not a runner,b ut I did do a 1/2 marathon in 2007. I really need to get back into it again. You'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How awesome! I'm a terrible runner. I did track and field in 8th grade....for one week. Then my knees developed some sort of issue so I had to quit :( But YAY you! This is awesome

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that's awesome, Kasey :) I'm doing my first half this September and that's huge for me, so I completely understand how big it will be for you. You keep up the hard work and you will do awesome!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your lovely comments! :)