March 31, 2011

Dining Room Reveal - Round 1

I am back with my after, er... um... well kind of after, of the dining room. I say 'kind of' because all I have really done is paint the walls, added a few more accessories and painted the lamp over. There is still more to do with this room but I absolutely love the color and how it turned out that there was no way I could make y'all wait on seeing some paintage.


Here is the Dining room before. Nice and bright, right? But honestly... it's a little 'to bright'. Not in the sense of light but in these sense that everything just seems to white and than there you have this brown table plopped in the middle of the room.


Another shot... view of the 'Panty' [laugh out loud people, laugh out loud].



Ta-da! Doesn't it make the room just seem more vibrant? More filled with life?


As you can see my orange frame from TJMaxx that started it all...


And my fat green flower pot... which I do have a nice plant to put inside of it, waiting right out on the back patio. It will than be placed in the center of the table :)


The pantry is still the same as it was before. I am still undecided on what color to paint it. Whether im going to go with the same color as the walls or something different.


I have some plans for the wine rack and also some more ideas for art and pictures for the walls.


Some of the Azaleas I cut from our massive collection of blooming Azalea bushes in the side yard. Love these flowers and how bright they are!


So there you have the first part of the After[s] of our dining room. Other plans for this space include, [possibly] a new area rug, new fabric for the seat cushions, wall art and possibly some more fun fabric to add to the white curtain panels that are now FINALLY on the windows. You might have noticed in the before shots that there was a random curtain rod above the curtain rod that was already on the window... I put that one there months ago in the attempt to finally hang up two panels I made out of a large white Queen-sized bed sheet. I guess it only took me painting an entire room to finally make them!

To re-cap, visit this post to see the details about what paint color we chose!

Stay tuned for Round 2!

13 comments:

  1. YES! LOVE IT! Oh man, that color is gorg and I just realized I have that SAME orange frame from TJ. My wonderful TJ Maxx employee fiance brought it home for me.

    Also - I think you should wallpaper the PANTY with a beautiful print! :)
    (I did laugh out loud btw)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing girl! I so love the color scheme in here. You did a fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the color. I aggree with Sarah that you should put something on the back of the Panty :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO pretty! Love that color. I agree with Sara, wallpaper the panty!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this bright color - it looks fantastic! The built-in bookcase really stands out now. I think this is a great color choice - nice job!
    Have a lovely weekend!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I lurve the color you chose. It looks really nice - what a difference and it's so moody (in a good way) now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! It looks so bright and fun now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the color! I think the pantry would look cool in a contrasting color!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm in serious love with this room! The turquoise, orange and green are the exact colors I'm using in my kitchen/living room! Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog and I'm definitely following you now! Hope you get to visit again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh I like where this room is going. I agree you should wallpaper or stencil the pantry.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the blue!

    I have an award for you on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the color. I think the panty looks nice in white since the shelving to the right is white, it kinda goes 2gether!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your lovely comments! :)