February 18, 2011

My inner Picaso

Hold onto your hats boys and girls. This lady has a confession to make.

[Dun dun dunnnnnnnn].

I am a closet Artist. Or at least I like to think I am. With the recent antics of breaking out my inner color-wild-child [decorating], it has really inspired me to get back into what I used to love doing all the time.


Here is my last 'project' I created. It was about 3-4yrs ago. I think it was when I was pregnant. Of course this was just a pencil drawing, with lots of shading [the 'grass' is just cheap filler]. Shading is one of my favorite art techniques, however lately I have been really inspired with Illustration [pen and ink drawings and using water colors].

****





Arn't those some cute prints!? The lines, colors and design have inspired me to pick up that pen and brush and get back to it. Of course I don't have any fancy-schmancy degree's in Art or Illustration, but I have always loved to draw. In H.S I took Intro to Fine Art, Fine Art I, Drawing I and II, Painting, Pottery and Sculpture. I don't really plan to take any in my current college classes. I just think Art is one of those things that you have to be inspired. You have to really enjoy doing it. You can be taught techniques and pointers, however no amount of learning can make you enjoy doing it. You either love it or hate it.

It's been 3-4yrs since I was Inspired. I'm happy that my mojo is back and I can't wait to share what I create with you, and also incorporate some of my pieces into my own home! 

10 comments:

  1. You are so confident and proud of your work, I love that... and as you should be. You could totally sell these on etsy, and if you decide to shoot me an e-mail because I would LOOVE to buy some of your work. Amazing!! Glad you have found some new inspiration, can't wait to see what you are working on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! I took a few drawing classes but I wasn't that great. Can't wait to see what great things you create!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see what you do. My mom is an art teacher, so I was given lots of classes on drawing, but I've never really tried it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there! I just found you and I'm in love with your spirit and energy. You are really talented, wow! I'd love to see more of your work!

    Love the owl print, off to see thye etsy site of that!

    Now following!

    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh I like what I see - we want to see more! Keep us updated if you do anything new : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your drawing. And those prints are super cute. I'd love to see more of your artistic genius.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the horse! You're so talented, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love to see you getting back to your art! You are really talented! Keep it up girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. " PICASO"...this a code word like OVENSO?
    This like RICK'S LITTLE PONY?
    And REMY GENTO WHYTL ZOO?
    You see, that's where you peds really " fuck up".
    Take the time to get RELLY creative and inspired.
    NATASHA and HETU.
    They were so much better at this.
    Too bad they flipped.
    We hear, so did CROW.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL that is the weirdest SPAM comment I think ive ever gotten haha.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your lovely comments! :)